Final Watercooling Purchase

Circaflex

Weaksauce
Well ive revised my setup so many times but i think i just found the perfect setup for my needs. Im going tp put this in a Coolermaster Stacker, used to be a Lian-Li PC-75 but im going to run dual PSUs so the stacker wins. Is there anything that conflicts with each other, or is just wrong?

Case: Coolermaster Stacker - $157.00

CPU Block: White-Water Block - $54.99

GPU Block: Cyclone Fusion HL V1.02 From Silverprop - $60.65 + OCZ Copper BGA Ramsink - $13.99

Pump: Danger Den DD12V-D4 - $74.99

Radiator: Double Heater Core with Shroud - $49.99 + Extra Shroud - $15.95

Reservoir: Danger Den Fill Port - $11.95

Fan: Sanyo Denki 12VDC .52Amp Brushless DC San Ace Muffin Fans, Model 109R1212H101 – $4.99 (4x)

Hose: 10 Feet 7/16 ID Tubing – $0.36 per foot #5233K44

Hose Clamps: Metal Zip Ties

Fluid: ?? What should i get?

Now my next question is, Ive heard after so many feet the 7/16 tubing is bad and i should just go with regular 1/2 ID. I doubt ill even use 10 feet in my case seeing how i have no res anymore. Would this tubing work? And would the push/pull be best for the heatercore? Or just 2 fans? Right now i have my mind set on a push/pull unless its pointless/stupid. Thanks guys.

The push pull on the fans will add a bit of flow, nowhere near double but if you got the room and the gear for it, why not. The diff in performance between 7/16 and 1/2 is minimal but does your equipment have 7/16" barbs? Most are 1/2" or 3/8". If it is 1/2" dont ry to use 7/16" hose on it. Getting 1/2" over 1/2" barbs is hard enough without going smaller.

Do not use cheap vinyl tubing. Use clearflex or tygon. Like so many others I tried to use the cheap stuff and gave up on it pretty quickly. It just wont bend properly. It s a royal pain just using it for straight lines and impossible for any bends. It will kink before it bends the way you want.

Looks like a good setup to me, except for the 7/16" tubing. Like MikeP said, 3/8 and 1/2" tubing are the standard, and I'm fairly positive that most of the components you've bought use 1/2" fittings. There is no reason to restrict your flow with smaller tubing if you don't have too. Just my .02

is watercooling hard to hook-up? i have a pretty big case.. but have no idea how to hook it up.. i might be interested.. and how much does a COMPLETE kit goes for? i am looking at the dangerden....

I could give you a quick and simple answer, but you'd be better off reading through this thread if you are completely unfamiliar with watercooling. There is a lot more to it than sticking a pump, rad, and hoses in your case. However, I would recommend that you start with a kit, such as the DD or DTEK ones, for your first setup. It helps take a lot of the guesswork out of it.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=229013

Having used both, I like the clearflex a lot more for the money. For me at least, the clearflex could make a lot tighter bend than the tygon, and for half the price you can't go wrong.

Circaflex said:
actually 7/16 stretches over 1/2 and works nicely http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3145701#post3145701

Ive used 1/2" clearflex on 1/2" barbs and had to boil the tube to get it soft enough to get on the barb. 7/16" would not have gone on for any money. Why bother struggling with it anyways? As long as you clamp properly without being retarded there wont be any problem using 1/2" and if I can make it work in my super small tower anyone can.

with the pc71 you can just mod the stock psu mounting plate to accept another psu
or just order the redundant psu bracket

7/16id tubing should be fine. I would go with Tygon. Easier to route than the 1/2 and you should only lose maybe .1-.2C. Virtually the same. If you have trouble getting it on the barbs, just put the ends in some warm water.

I wouldn't do push-pull. It makes more noise than added air flow. Just do 2 fans pulling through the heater core into the case. That way you'll get cooler air into the rad opposed to pulling/pushing the warm our through the heater core out of the case.

And I think you can get a heater core w/shroud from 2fresh here on the forums cheaper than that. Unless that is from him and I'm dumb. Which is probable.

Looks like it will be a great setup.

MikeP if you would read that forum post at all youll feel like a moron. He used 7/16 id hose on 1/2 barbs go and read it again I think im gonna go with the 7/16 or 1/2 clearflex depends on money.

Back