Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

And here I am with about 5 chars on 4 servers and none of them above level 16 yet......

Oh well, I'll have to live vicariously through you all.

I've heard it's been all clear since yesterday. Lots of FC members cheering about logging in first try..

Yeah, it should clear up soon. I didn't get in first try yesterday, but I came back 15 minutes later and did.

Yeah, it should clear up soon. I didn't get in first try yesterday, but I came back 15 minutes later and did.

around what time?

5:30 Pacific yesterday I logged in and out several times over the course of 4 hours with no issues. first try everytime. it was really nice

Server issues cleared up yet? Loggahead and I are wanting to play but not if theres still login problems. Also, cant seem to find the physical copy anywhere. Gamestop even told me that they had to send back physical copies.

Last edited:
Server issues cleared up yet? Loggahead and I are wanting to play but not if theres still login problems. Also, cant seem to find the physical copy anywhere. Gamestop even told me that they had to send back physical copies.

Server issues seem to be 99% cleared up.

No idea on physical copies. I know they suspended digital sales. I got in from owning FFXIV 1

Server issues seem to be mostly cleared up. Managed to create a toon on Leviathan early this morning :)

There's gotta be a billion 1.0 folks who pre-ordered a copy of ARR and are selling their extra keys on Ebay and other FFXIV community sites. Hell, I paid for the CE twice - once for 1.0 (joke's on me, I know), and a second time for the PS3. No plans for me to actually play on my PS3, and I already have all the CE items from my 1.0 CE code, so I've got an extra PS3 CE code that I need to unload. I'm positive that I'm not the only one in this situation either - just look around, it's easy enough to find a code from others in this same situation.

I'm stuck at level 41; it's like there's nothing worth doing except Fates for leveling.

Past 40, it's really fates until 50. Luckily I've been too busy working this week so I've managed to have a break from the final fate grind.

I'm stuck at level 41; it's like there's nothing worth doing except Fates for leveling.

heh, honestly its pretty slow. theres a significant drop in quests man. a few to do in mor dhona. work on your story quests do some dungeons and fate grind in northern thanalan. there are big ones in northern thanalan, like dark devices and chimera

43-49 in about 6-7 hours

There's gotta be a billion 1.0 folks who pre-ordered a copy of ARR and are selling their extra keys on Ebay and other FFXIV community sites. Hell, I paid for the CE twice - once for 1.0 (joke's on me, I know), and a second time for the PS3. No plans for me to actually play on my PS3, and I already have all the CE items from my 1.0 CE code, so I've got an extra PS3 CE code that I need to unload. I'm positive that I'm not the only one in this situation either - just look around, it's easy enough to find a code from others in this same situation.

I checked and unless I searched wrong I couldn't find any. I did find a well known cd key site that is selling them for 33.00..

Last edited:
I believe I have an extra copy to sell - CE will take $40. paypal. What happened is I did the pre-order via Amazon and when I went to get in early access - I apparently re-activated my old 1.0 account (forgot I had purchased the normal edition after cancelling my 1.0 CE).

I'd like to get a key for a friend as a gift to try the game out now that its fixed but other than Amazon I never usually buy things like that online.

I believe I have an extra copy to sell - CE will take $40. paypal. What happened is I did the pre-order via Amazon and when I went to get in early access - I apparently re-activated my old 1.0 account (forgot I had purchased the normal edition after cancelling my 1.0 CE).

YHPM.

I'd like to get a key for a friend as a gift to try the game out now that its fixed but other than Amazon I never usually buy things like that online.

newegg had box copies for 29.99 on Monday, Friend of mine bought one.

sigh, still cant create a character on leviathan, they upped capacities and hardware so why the heck not

It's possible all slots have been taken already. Still, I'd try again (and again) during non-peak hours as slots are bound to open up.

Just curious if anyone has found any performance tweaks?

5ghz 2x780, 2560x1440. I cannot keep a steady 60fps. Most of the time the GPU's are hovering around 40-70% usage. Sounds like im CPU bottlenecked....but a Sandy bridge at 5ghz? I don't think so.

Anyone know of a good performance tweak guide?

^ Welcome to my boat, dremic's as well.

lol good to know im not alone. I was trying to do some research...which isnt much, and some people reported getting better framerates running 1 780....Might have to try that when I get home.

I have been debating going to maybe an X79 with 3.0 pci-e lanes available...but im not even sure if that will make that big a difference.

Last edited:
My xfire 7970s and 3570k have similar issues. It's just the way of life with mmos... Can't keep frames consistent

hmmm...yea...guess we gotta wait for some nvidia/squareenix optimizations

we just need to be patient.

i have noticed a great deal better improvements with a few tweaks that make the game very playable.

for one if youre on 8.1 preview the ONLY drivers to be using are the official drivers released specifically for 8.1 not betas. they have given me the best performance in game so far.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-preview-326.01-whql-driver.html

Also if you turn off Occlusion that will help you a great deal and have little to zero effect on visuals, lowering shadow resolution and shadow cascading to normal you will notice your fps sky rocket as well.

the frame limiter seems to be a little gimp as well. i use forced adaptive vsync with triple buffering and it helps a great deal.

there is a CPU bottlenecking issue regardless but these few things will help the game be playable. Brian and I are pretty sensitive to frame drops.. but atleast this is a start

my framerate is pretty consistant with single titan.. maybe its cf/sli?

its definitely an SLI thing.

but also a combination because sometimes i am hindered by the cpu and its obvious

This fate grinding is getting really, really old. Here I am sitting @ 48 with all my quests (core, levee) dried up and just waiting to hit 49 so I can finish the story and move on.
My other concern is the in-game economy after 50, from what I've read the repair costs associated with fate's, dungeons, etc...far outweigh what your earn in those activities.

This fate grinding is getting really, really old. Here I am sitting @ 48 with all my quests (core, levee) dried up and just waiting to hit 49 so I can finish the story and move on.
My other concern is the in-game economy after 50, from what I've read the repair costs associated with fate's, dungeons, etc...far outweigh what your earn in those activities.

yes there is a significant drop in gil fountains at 50 and an increase in sinks. its a problem..

idk about you but my mining is lvl 15 and goldsmithing lvl 3. so im not exactly making money there either.

yes there is a significant drop in gil fountains at 50 and an increase in sinks. its a problem..

idk about you but my mining is lvl 15 and goldsmithing lvl 3. so im not exactly making money there either.

It really sucks that you cant even use the auction house until you complete the retainer quest which I'm nowhere near being close to on any of my characters.

Sure it might keep the gold sellers down a bit, but it really hurts those of us who'd like to just fish and sell stuff for a while and bank some money.

It really sucks that you cant even use the auction house until you complete the retainer quest which I'm nowhere near being close to on any of my characters.

Sure it might keep the gold sellers down a bit, but it really hurts those of us who'd like to just fish and sell stuff for a while and bank some money.

To be fair if you focus on just the main story it only takes maybe 5 hours (starting from scratch) to get your retainer.

Yeah, I was discussing this with my friend last night. When you start getting decent gear, repair bills start getting into the 1000s of gil. I currently have no clue where you are supposed to make money now other than selling high level crafting material (which you'll spend all of your money just to level high enough to make). Just running fates now gives me higher repair bills than I make from them too. Really, the only thing that still provides decent money is doing leves. Even then, you're limited on how many of those you can do. They really need to increase the amount of gil you make for running dungeons or something. At least make it enough to break even on repairs. As it stands now, you have to get lucky and win some of the silver pieces, or you're going to be losing money.

I actually chuckle when I see that mobs drop 1 gil if they drop any at all

As it stands now, you have to get lucky and win some of the silver pieces, or you're going to be losing money.

Yeah, this just completely boggles my mind how they decided that sellable currency, which drops 4 at a time (at least in the lower-level dungeons), gets distributed as a lump sum to one party member instead of divided equally among each member. Hell, they could have even gone a step further and based it on the number of people in the party and given each member 1 piece.

Yeah, I was discussing this with my friend last night. When you start getting decent gear, repair bills start getting into the 1000s of gil. I currently have no clue where you are supposed to make money now other than selling high level crafting material (which you'll spend all of your money just to level high enough to make). Just running fates now gives me higher repair bills than I make from them too. Really, the only thing that still provides decent money is doing leves. Even then, you're limited on how many of those you can do. They really need to increase the amount of gil you make for running dungeons or something. At least make it enough to break even on repairs. As it stands now, you have to get lucky and win some of the silver pieces, or you're going to be losing money.

I actually chuckle when I see that mobs drop 1 gil if they drop any at all

leves dont give any gil unforunately. experience only

Is there clothing i can purchase to make my armor smithing better?

yes. there are gathering and crafting sets. and theyre separate.

yes they are SUPER important

to put it into perspective i was using the starting race armor

lvl 10 leve quests at lvl 7 and i was trying to mine these things and failing, only 35% chance to successfully mine the quest item.

when i bought lvl 10 gear it went to 95%

Back