Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

i suppose thief can be worked on a future expansion, ffxi had thieves, not sure how it would work out since daggers are gladiators arm, maybe they could introduce a "theif knife" weapon that would be a thief specific dagger class

I thought about that but I need leather, stealth, backstab in some form and the ability to steal shit.

I thought about that but I need leather, stealth, backstab in some form and the ability to steal shit.

I don't think there was a thief in FF11 there was a ninja and samurai class though. The Ninja/War duo or War/Nin was a great tank and DPS.

There is no classic thief/rogue class. Lancer has a 2x damage from behind move, don't think it has stealth. It's the light armor too.

I don't think there was a thief in FF11 there was a ninja and samurai class though. The Ninja/War duo or War/Nin was a great tank and DPS.

Yeah, there was a thief, they had sneak attack and trick attack.

Well what the heck, past two days I have been able to login just fine, prime time, no 1017 errors or anything, but today it's not letting me in at all, 4est, nope, 5, nope, 7est? Nope, still can't bloody get in.

Well what the heck, past two days I have been able to login just fine, prime time, no 1017 errors or anything, but today it's not letting me in at all, 4est, nope, 5, nope, 7est? Nope, still can't bloody get in.

The weekend is upon us :eek:

Is there a script that iwll keep triyng for oyu and not cancel out if it puts you into a queue?

ditto...yoshi now owes us 4 days..and the counting continues

So this is annoying. I'm level 18 and at the part of the story where you do the first dungeon. I've been sitting in the queue for 45 minutes.

Problem is: I don't have any other quests. There are no side quests (that I can find) and I have run out of Levequest allowances. WTF am I supposed to do while I wait? FATEs?

So this is annoying. I'm level 18 and at the part of the story where you do the first dungeon. I've been sitting in the queue for 45 minutes.

Problem is: I don't have any other quests. There are no side quests (that I can find) and I have run out of Levequest allowances. WTF am I supposed to do while I wait? FATEs?

Fates, dungeons, chain exp, that's about it if you are out of sidequests/levequests.

That's... pretty lame. I've been in a dungeon queue for an hour now, so all I've got is FATEs and killing random mobs? :(

Done all the quests in all 3 zones? :p I actually didn't do any regular quests between 10 and 20, and between dungeons / random fates / main story quests, I never ran out of things to do.

Done all the quests in all 3 zones? :p I actually didn't do any regular quests between 10 and 20, and between dungeons / random fates / main story quests, I never ran out of things to do.

Assuming you mean the lower level ones, I wanted to save those for leveling other classes.

do hunting logs too and guildleves
and fates are fastest xp if you have solid grp

I guess I'll have to. I'm just surprised there are no more side quests. There were so few that it feels like I missed some, but I wouldn't know where to look. I started in Gridania, did everything that showed up in the city, north, central and east. It sent me to the other cities for the main quest, which sent me to somewhere outside of Limsa via a boat -- whichever zone has the first dungeon in it. Did everything in that area, and now I'm out of quests aside from the main story.

How the FUCK did the servers fill up so fast after emergency maintenance?

Hope your game doesn't crash like mine :(, damn alt tab so buggy for this game (in fullscreen), crashes 70% of the time when I alt tab.

Now the game can't obtain the NA/EU server list.

Well I didn't get to make much progress today cause of the server issues but I was able to tinker with the guild crest and get it set up (thx to Dremic for letting me design it).

Hope you guys like it:
6pzy.png

Originally I designed this one (the one on my characters left shoulder):
vv1x.png

However I noticed a lot of people with clothing (mages, etc) had very light-coloured robes so the white kind of bled into the colour of the clothing so I changed it up from that and went with something darker that would stand out against most colours, and even if you wear something black the red/gold colour meshes well with it and it doesn't look out of place (as you can see from it on my helmet in the first pic).

I think that's the only places you can have it (at least so far) is your shoulder and the front part of your helmet. I'm not sure but I think as the guild levels up you can also add it to your weapons and things (like your shield or weapon even).

Also for those wondering you can add the crest by going to the "OIC master of arms" immortal flames vendor in Uh-Dal. It cost 100gil to add it to each piece of clothing, and you can remove it also if you decide you want to.

Last edited:
Hmm, glad I waited. I have been buying too many games on launch day lately to not be able to play them or having to be disappointed by how broken the game is. Not to say its not a good game. Though I do want opinions on the Battle system I didnt play FFXIV before the relaunch so I have no idea what its like.

Hmm, glad I waited. I have been buying too many games on launch day lately to not be able to play them or having to be disappointed by how broken the game is. Not to say its not a good game. Though I do want opinions on the Battle system I didnt play FFXIV before the relaunch so I have no idea what its like.

I'd say don't buy it..the battle system is probably the weakest part of the game...the only time it gets interesting for me (lvl 25 archer) is when I pull aggro off the tank in an instance....there's a set standard rotation that you will become numb to after awhile...there's really no 'thinking' in fights..people bitch about having 30 different buttons on other mmo keyboards, but its there to make CHOICES...heck in this game, you can macro your rotation spells and hit 2 or 3 buttons

higher lvl peeps are already complaining of boredom and a 'small' world

and I was grinding fates and 2 lvl 50's with the magitek mount were doing it alongside me...now, i asked myself, is that what i have to look forward too?!!! ugh

I'll get my $30 first month worth out of the game...I highly doubt I'll pay a sub for MOTS gaming (more of the same) but I really want to see the housing areas in the 2 other zones...it may come down to subbing every now and then

ymmv

Another MMO filled with braindead ranged DPS. What the hell is with people who roll those classess? It's been trouble in WoW, Lotro, DDO, ToR and other games. Do they take their brains out when they roll rangers or thaumaturges?

Low level dungeon, the one that you have to lure big turtle into the fumes of herbs. Took us longer than needed, becasue the retarded archer was running in cicrles, shooting boss and stealing aggro (and yes, tank at lev 16 has limited tools of threat generation).

Then, when you meet the thaumaturges with their AoE spells, even trash pulls become a challenge, when before you might even get enough threat, they just go all out, and outthreat you.

Also the cross-server duty Finder makes everyone behave as moron, who exactly knows, that he won't meet you again, so he can be dickhead.

I just call for pugs on /shout or in FC, and ignore dutyfinder

I'd say don't buy it..the battle system is probably the weakest part of the game...the only time it gets interesting for me (lvl 25 archer) is when I pull aggro off the tank in an instance....there's a set standard rotation that you will become numb to after awhile...there's really no 'thinking' in fights..people bitch about having 30 different buttons on other mmo keyboards, but its there to make CHOICES...heck in this game, you can macro your rotation spells and hit 2 or 3 buttons

I have to disagree with other MMOs' and their possible keybinding combinations; while most others give you a menagerie of abilities to use, you only ever use a handful if you want to run an optimal rotation/priority list. While I don't particularly like rotation based battle systems over priority lists, I do enjoy the light number of abilities that constantly have use over the 20+ excess keybinds that have very niche usage (if any at all) of most other MMOs; don't get me wrong, when playing FFXIV I still have nearly 10 CDs keybound at any given time (if not more, ability list permited), but more than half see constant usage and even the more niche-ish abilities get used more regularly.

ymmv

Firstly, if you pull aggro from tank, you are not watching your enmity bar, and that makes you one of those DPSers that end up quickly on any tank ignore list.

Secondly, really, no thinking? Try managing ice/fire on thaumaturge or the combos on gladiator to get your mana back, keep TP up and still keep enmity on yourself, when weak minded DPSers attack everything but marked target and they don't watch enmity bar.

well my plans to play all week are being ruined by their shit ass server system. Ran akh script for an hour last night never got in, going on 30 mins now with it running as well

Back