Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

2 lvl 50s on Leviathan?

god damn.

Yep, one in Gridania, the other in Limsa Lominsa and a LOT of posturing going on. They weren't even idle in sanctuaries, the positioned themselves in high traffic areas, which is really fucking obnoxious. :rolleyes:

Can someone explain to me the REASON they think turning off the queue system somehow helps ANYTHING?

I mean ok, restrict logins/the number of characters, but WHY not leave teh bloody queue system on so people can just queue up and get in line to get intot he game and not have to constantly try over and over and over???

It makes ZERO sense and is seriously going to piss some people off and cause them to lose customers and people to ask for refunds because they can't play and don't want to sit there for an hour clicking buttons over and over.

Every other mmo has a queue system for a reason, and they have one here they just turned it off for some odd reason.

Yep, one in Gridania, the other in Limsa Lominsa and a LOT of posturing going on. They weren't even idle in sanctuaries, the positioned themselves in high traffic areas, which is really fucking obnoxious. :rolleyes:

ah they left them there to show off. insulting !

Every other mmo has a queue system for a reason, and they have one here they just turned it off for some odd reason.

The queue is still running but it appears to have a cap on how many players can be in it - I've never been above 150 on the queue so it might be 150 max. (Yeah i know this defeats the purpose of the queue but there you have it)

The queue is still running but it appears to have a cap on how many players can be in it - I've never been above 150 on the queue so it might be 150 max. (Yeah i know this defeats the purpose of the queue but there you have it)

ive seen 300 before nothing over that though.

sometimes i wont get in, but then ill finally get the queue and it'll be like 7 people.

Just got home from work and the servers are down? Nevernind they are up and......1017!

Legacy Bing

Is this done through the square site? Ive never used squares site and navigating it isnt all the intuitive

Yeah, that's what I did.

Or what someone else said, open up your installer then go to account at the bottom.

JUST DON'T ADD ANOTHER SERVICE!

and yeah, 1017 error here too. God damn....

Can someone tell me how some people are saying "push 0" to login?

What does pushing 0 have to do with logging into your character? To click I have to use my mouse, 0 does nothing.

But some people talking about spamming "0" to get into the server...

Can someone explain to me the REASON they think turning off the queue system somehow helps ANYTHING?

I mean ok, restrict logins/the number of characters, but WHY not leave teh bloody queue system on so people can just queue up and get in line to get intot he game and not have to constantly try over and over and over???

It makes ZERO sense and is seriously going to piss some people off and cause them to lose customers and people to ask for refunds because they can't play and don't want to sit there for an hour clicking buttons over and over.

Yeah this makes very little sense, if they haven't already addressed this via an advisory they really should do so. It takes very little to get a refund via Amazon and if they get enough complaints
they could possibly pull it from their store, i.e...Sim City. I'm reading some of the reviews now and everything negative points back to connectivity, everyone seems to be pleased with gameplay.

ah they left them there to show off. insulting !

Pretty much, I should have taken some screenshot(s) and outed them; such a dickbag thing to do.

Saw a Dragoon today as well, BAD.FUCKING.ASS.

Got my LNC to 27 this morning, as soon as I hit 30 I'm going to start focusing on MRD ;)

What does pushing 0 have to do with logging into your character? To click I have to use my mouse, 0 does nothing.

Once you've clicked the Start > Char > Log In once, from that point on spamming 0 (well, it's . for me) on the numpad will follow those same steps.

I'm looking to turn my Gladiator into a Paladin, but I don't like how I have to level as a fruity Conjurer as a prerequisite.

Typical MMO gameplay?

UI is really nice for a XBOX controller. By the time you get finished finding the opening quests the XBOX controller will be second nature to use. I DO NOT use my XBOX controller for anything other than twin stick arcade shooters. This MMO has the best controller implementation I've seen so far.

Of course it works great for mouse and keyboard. I'd assume that you already knew that. :) Otherwise it seems to be standard MMO stuff but really well done. I haven't gotten very far into the game as a level 5 but I have high hopes for it. I'm impressed by the environments even though they aren't full of polygons. The way they layer the textures makes everything seem much more alive. Like it belongs.

Can't login to level so that's the best I can do. I can play my legacy character on a Japanese server, but I'd much rather play with the guys here. Can't even make a character on the [H]ardocp Leviathan server so that's a no go. Hopefully they will allow us to transfer to another realm when things quiet down after launch.

Hit the numpad 0.

Just saw that lvl 50 in Gridania again, his name is Packet Loss. He's got some huge fucking robotic mount that's about 50 ft tall hopping around showing off like an asshat.

This 1017 shit is really getting old. I hope we don't have to deal with it to get in for much longer.

Sweet, 40'ish person queue. Finally, a queue.

Just saw that lvl 50 in Gridania again, his name is Packet Loss. He's got some huge fucking robotic mount that's about 50 ft tall hopping around showing off like an asshat.

That's the magitek mount you get for completing the main story.

I think the gameplay is a bit better then MMO standards. There's a lot to do between levees, quests, and fates. Really digging the story is kind of forced onto you. Isn't there any voice acting in game though?

I think the gameplay is a bit better then MMO standards. There's a lot to do between levees, quests, and fates. Really digging the story is kind of forced onto you. Isn't there any voice acting in game though?

There's some voice acting. It kind of ruins it a bit for me, as the only good voice I've heard so far is Papalymo. The chicks are all way too high-pitched :p

Just got home from work and the servers are down? Nevernind they are up and......1017!

Legacy Bing

Hey, I remember you posting before about how you were going to be out of luck come the 29th (cause you ordered the game with the soundtrack and wouldn't get the game by then).

I saw this on the FFXIV:ARR forums, thought it might help you:

To Those who have Not Received a FFXI:ARR CE Key, but do have a EA key.
1. Go to ww.findmyorder.com
2. Enter your order # sent to you in an email when you first Preordered FFXIV through Squares website
3. Scroll down the Page and you should see this comment

"FINAL FANTASY XIV: Collector's Edition Exclusive In-game Items
Serial Number: The_CD_key_that_comes_as_part_of_this_purchase_has_been_integrated_with_DLC_items_Please_note_that_the_DLC_items_no_longer_require_an_additional_code_to_access_your_content_
Other "

4. Scroll back up the page and you will see a list:
"FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD]
ffxivsetup.exe
Unlock Code:
Serial Number: "

5. Serial Number is your key to activate your FFXIV:ARR CE
6. Now go to Mogstation
7. Click on Account Services "Add Windows"
8. Enter in the Serial Number
10. After completion you should see something like "FFXIV: ARR CE 30 days sub, and list the items" and your done.

Hope that helps you so you don't get cut off when early access stops.

I have the game installed now, looking forward to mashing on the 0 key to get logged in :)

It's the best kind of mini-game.
Also, I can't mash 0. My world list won't even refresh. :(

I can't even open the game. It just crashes when I click "Play" and it tries to open the game client. Their support page directs me to something that doesn't even exist:
■The game shuts down abnormally and I am returned to my desktop
In this event, it is likely that the game was shut down because the computer was unable to run a certain process.

Please try these steps to see if they resolve the issue.

1)Toggle between Window mode and Full screen mode
Programs→SQUARE ENIX→Final Fantasy XIV→Activate Final Fantasy XIV Config
Configuration Button
→Screen Settings Tab→Change screen settings in Screen Mode
It is possible that changing the screen mode will allow the program to run properly.

I can't even open the game. It just crashes when I click "Play" and it tries to open the game client. Their support page directs me to something that doesn't even exist:

Can edit the config file: My Documents \ My Games \ Final Fantasy XIV \ FFXIV.cfg

If they want you to change screen settings, maybe try:
Code:
ScreenWidth	1440
ScreenHeight	900
ScreenMode	0

Last edited:
The game is downloaded and installed, now I'm just waiting for the server to allow more characters so I can join my buddy's server. This 3 minute wait between refreshes is a little annoying though...

The game is downloaded and installed, now I'm just waiting for the server to allow more characters so I can join my buddy's server. This 3 minute wait between refreshes is a little annoying though...

character creation is closed completely until further notice...
just make character on w/e server you can and transfer later

SE has severely fucked what should be a fantastic release. Was barely able to play during early release, and cant log in now

The one i'm trying to go on came up as available once but then i got an error stating that I didn't have any available characters...

What server are most of you guys on? I'm downloading it now.

Awesome, my name will be Ampidire, probably a Arcanist for now with hopes of becoming a Summoner like I was in FFXI.

Had error 3035 occur twice after 20 minutes of waiting (each time) for the server to be available.

I don't think I'll be playing tonight.

Yoshi now owes me 1 day of game time and everyone else that couldn't play today...I paid for 30 days of game time...and until me and everyone else can log on WITHOUT a problem, the count continues..and I don't mean getting lucky and getting in, and then not logging off....thats pure fucking bullshit

Can edit the config file: My Documents \ My Games \ Final Fantasy XIV \ FFXIV.cfg

If they want you to change screen settings, maybe try:
Code:
ScreenWidth	1440
ScreenHeight	900
ScreenMode	0

Setting that to my screen resolution fixed it, thanks.

Also got in the game on my first try :D

Most are on leviathan but its impossible to create a character on it now till who knows way. A few like myself made toons on Goblin

Literally impossible guys. Theyve have stated they have shut down character creation on most of the shards with no ETA on opening them. If you want to play, create a toon on another shard otherwise you are going to be waiting a few days..

Well, spent the last 3+ hours with a friend trying to make chars on the same server. Finally got in.

This launch is tainting an otherwise stellar game. I hope they can overcome the PR problems this will cause. There's a great game here once you can get to it.

Back