Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

They are saying that the game will now launch Aug 30th instead of the 27th on the offical forums so expect these server log in limitations for the rest of the week. As long as we get a queue that lists how long it will be until I get in I am fine with that it's when you don't get put in queue thats the issue I have.

Legacy Bing

Whoa whoa...so early access is prolonged...or...?

I mean if you really think about it, most people that wanted to play this, already pre ordered, so really, early access = release technically. That means there has been about 2+ days of no access for some people.

They are saying that the game will now launch Aug 30th instead of the 27th on the offical forums so expect these server log in limitations for the rest of the week. As long as we get a queue that lists how long it will be until I get in I am fine with that it's when you don't get put in queue thats the issue I have.

Legacy Bing

Wow...this doesnt bode well for the game...This is going to kill PR...

Wow...this doesnt bode well for the game...This is going to kill PR...

Its gone from a mild PR nightmare to a something out of Hellraiser almost if they postpone the launch literally the day before. Word of mouth from people will turn away tons of potential players who were sitting on the fence, not that the current problems probably havent already done that to some degree.

They'd have to offer up an extra free month or something at the rate its going to start soothing nerves... and even then.....

You can bet someone, somewhere in SE isnt able to sit anymore though after likely having his ass beaten raw. They dont take kindly over there to epic business failures that are so publicized. I'd honestly guess this has already cost someone his job.

I'll try to log in when I get home, but sadly my hopes are pretty low that I'll get in game at all with things the way they are.

Let's not jump to rash conclusions. We're hoping all those that really want to play, will stay.

I think above poster may have been mistaken. EA is OPEN till the 29th. As in you dont need a key till the 29th. No where did they say (That I can find) that release is postponed...

As for logging in,,,I was able to login to Levi first shot...Odds are I WONT be logging out until this shit is fixed or Im kicked...

I think above poster may have been mistaken. EA is OPEN till the 29th. As in you dont need a key till the 29th. No where did they say (That I can find) that release is postponed...

As for logging in,,,I was able to login to Levi first shot...Odds are I WONT be logging out until this shit is fixed or Im kicked...

Ahh gotcha. Yeah I figured, was just clarifying. But the 30th is when most of us will get pegged on our bank accounts. That leaves...let's see...NO TIME, to fix the game. :D

Let's hope they get their shit together and figure all of it out.

Also, don't log out. For the love of all that's holy, do NOT log out.

Gods I hope so. Its typical for EA to let people slide for a couple days to let hard copies get shipped so that does make sense.

I'm tempted to just leave my PC on, but I hate leaving it up and running when I'm not home for any length of time.... though this may tempt me.... :p

Is the Duty Finder working at all? I'm trying to use it to get a Sastasha group, with the Duty Finder not adding any party members no matter how long I wait (up to 30 minutes at least). I thought the Duty Finder worked across servers, so there should still be plenty of people needing Sastasha.

ETA: Ok. it worked, just had to be patient I guess.

Also, could someone add me (Lenarr Luminos) to the Levi [H] linkshell?

Last edited:
Is the Duty Finder working at all? I'm trying to use it to get a Sastasha group, with the Duty Finder not adding any party members no matter how long I wait (up to 30 minutes at least). I thought the Duty Finder worked across servers, so there should still be plenty of people needing Sastasha.

Also, could someone add me (Lenarr Luminos) to the Levi [H] linkshell?

Yes it works. Are you DPS? If so, expect a 20-30 minute wait. When it's about to set you up for a group and you catch it at the right time, it'll say "Gathering group" or something to that extent, then it'll throw up a window allowing you to commence or withdraw from the queue.

Takes a while unless you're a tank...slightly more if you're a healer.

Last edited:
Here is the link that states early access is until the 29th. reading that page does not say anything about tomorrow the 27th so I would assume it will still release tomorrow and let early access go until the 29th? What’s the point to extend to the 29th when we have like until September 9th or was it a later date to enter our retail keys?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f8dcc029e5781c67638d99b853cfe40c90154d51

Legacy Bing

You have until the 29th to enter your key from the retail game. After the 29th if you do not have a retail key entered, you are done.

http://i.imgur.com/pKw2eCZ.gif

Woot made it through the customer service live chat queue. Agent canceled my ticket and told me to email them instead. Didn't even get to chat at all. F Square Enix.

Woot made it through the customer service live chat queue. Agent canceled my ticket and told me to email them instead. Didn't even get to chat at all. F Square Enix.

What the hell? Wow man...:(

Wow, so they turned off the fucking queues again???

Another day of not being able to play with this.

Well if we really have until the 29th to enter our retail key then I am screwed because I purchased my physical collectors edition from the SE online store and according to my order status from Digital River they will not ship it until after 9/1 due to I also ordered the soundtrack (Before Metor) and they will ship out together. That is pretty lame!

Legacy Bing

This game is great (when I get to play).

Finally broke down and created a character on Goblin so I could be on the same server with my son.

Am I the only one not able to login or something? I'm not seeing anyone the past couple pages talking about being locked out with the server is full error.

Loving the magic system on my thaumaturge. First you pew pew with fire, until out of mana, then you use the spell to switch the fire stacked buff to ice one, and pew pew with ice, to restore your mana points

And for tank? I love that threat generating skill have no cd :) now my goal is to take each of my characters (3 so far) to the lev 20 of primary class, so they can enjoy the coeurl mount from CE :) - and yes, have alts because of RP reasons, instead of having all the classess on single character.

Am I the only one not able to login or something? I'm not seeing anyone the past couple pages talking about being locked out with the server is full error.

It's been good so far today. Server congestion may be starting to pick up, though.

I am worried what will happen tomorrow once the game releases. :(

Me too, especially since the game is releasing on the 30th, per the posts on the last page. :(

For real though, it's not releasing tomorrow, so don't worry.

Normal. Keep trying.

Tried for like 20 minutes, same thing over and over and over.

If they'd just turn on the bloody queue which they did this morning people wouldn't have to keep pinging the servers trying to login, that certainly can't help anything.

Tried for like 20 minutes, same thing over and over and over.

If they'd just turn on the bloody queue which they did this morning people wouldn't have to keep pinging the servers trying to login, that certainly can't help anything.

I'd just give up honestly, 20 minutes is an awfully long time to try to log into their shit system. I'd come back and try again later. I usually try for 5-6 and if nothing happens, I'm out of there. Not worth the hassle at all.

Me too, especially since the game is releasing on the 30th, per the posts on the last page. :(

For real though, it's not releasing tomorrow, so don't worry.

Okay, so whats the deal with this game? I know nothing.

Me too, especially since the game is releasing on the 30th.

Please stop spreading false rumors. Release is still the 27th.

The rumor is based off of the fact that early access players have until the 29th to enter their game codes. This does not in any way mean the actual release date was pushed back to the 30th.

logged in via rdp from work so that when I get home, I won't have to wait in a queue or deal with server login errors. Hopefully no maint or server outages before I get home :)

Okay, so whats the deal with this game? I know nothing.

The short of it, there are numerous log in issues at the moment, but they're overcome by the fact that the game itself is fantastic as an MMO in nearly all aspects.

Basically, you need to play it with me.

toffty said:

The rumor is based off of the fact that early access players have until the 29th to enter their game codes. This does not in any way mean the actual release date was pushed back to the 30th.

My bad chief.

Got my CE code from greenmangaming finally and entered it in.

Now if I could just get into the bloody game.

Wait a min, after putting in my collectors addition key I get a "Service account 1 and 2" to select from when pressing start. Service account 1 being my early access, service account 2 being my collectors edition. I select 2 and my character is gone. Am I missing something?

Wait a min, after putting in my collectors addition key I get a "Service account 1 and 2" to select from when pressing start. Service account 1 being my early access, service account 2 being my collectors edition. I select 2 and my character is gone. Am I missing something?

...what? So you're saying you picked the supposed option 2, and your character was deleted?

lol, well that sucks. If I have to start all over I'm probably not going to enjoy it and therefore stop playing early.

Not gunna lie, I love this game. I dont even mind the waiting cause once you get in you just forget about the aggravation. just button mash the 0 key on the numpad until you get it. Its what i did

edit: i am upset that my wife cant make a toon on levi. I just want to play with her and they are making it impossible. And here is a link for button mashing while you are AFK
http://www.howtogeek.com/97998/how-to-make-your-computer-press-a-key-every-x-seconds/

I accidentally made 2 service accounts instead of adding the collectors edition to my pre order account.

Fuck.

I'm going to call them.

"We have received reports from players who, although they wished to continue playing the game post-launch with characters created either in the original FINAL FANTASY XIV or during the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn beta test, have mistakenly registered their licenses to either the wrong service account, or to a brand new service account.
In order to prevent this from happening to you, please keep the following in mind."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68792

post about this. kinda sucks they dont warn you about this before you create accounts....

I already mentioned that above as well. Its funny what happens when a single person misleads something lol. The official forum is all the buzz about it...

Side note: if you finally get logged in, don't log out. Ad I said before they have a STICKY stating server limits will be in place until further notice with no eta as of now...

Back