FIle sharing. "Access Denied. Contact your administrator"

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
So on my work network I am trying to access a coworkers shared folder. The folder is shared and permissions are set for everyone to have access. It is main folder with sub folders with files.

I can access the folder, I can access most microsoft word documents and some excel and pdf documents. When trying to access the files I need (mainly Excel and PDF files but also a couple Word) I get an error message in each program (Excel, Word, Adobe) "Access Denied. Contact your administrator"

My system is running Windows 7 and her system is running XP. Both systems are using Microsoft Security Essentials. I am using Office 2007 and she is using Office 2010.

I am stumped. Double checked permissions, file sharing, simple file sharing, re-shared the folder, shared the sub folders...

What am I missing?

checked both share and NTFS permissions on the files where you received access denied?

Also depending on how the files were put there would have an affect.
If a file is cut from user's desktop then paste into network share, the file will keep the perms it had when on the user's desktop.

Yet, if the user copies from desktop and pastes into network share, the file will inherit the permissions from the share.

Back