Fibre Optic For Superstack Swith 3300

Vitamin_uk

Limp Gawd
Hello again ppl!

Just need some quick information I am after a fibre optic cable for a Superstack fibre Module!

Links/info appreated!:)

the 3300 supports 4x types of fibre optic modules, they are;

1. 1port 100FX (SC connectors, Full Duplex support)
2. 2port 100FX (SC connectors, Full Duplex support)
3. 1port OC-3 ATM 155Mbps (SC connectors)
4. 1port 1000SX Gigabit (SC connectors, Full Duplex support)

the only type of modules which you should easily get your hands on is the 1 or 2port 100FX units, they are going on eBay for around £50 and £100, respectively...

the Gigabit modules are very rare and can sell for aroound £200+, the ATM modules are pretty much dead, I have only seen one for sale second hand once in the last few years....

Yes I have the two 100Meg Fibre Optics in the swtiches now. I just need the fibre optic cable!

I take it I need SC fibre cable?

62.5/125 or 50/125 = Multimode

sorry ppl so many out there to choose from any one got any links to the correct cable?

Originally posted by Vitamin_uk
sorry ppl so many out there to choose from any one got any links to the correct cable?

if you want a cheap cable, then look at www.lindy.co.uk I have bought both of my SC-ST cables, they are about £20 each from them, if you buy from Videk or Black Box, they will set you back around £60 each

what equipment are you connecting this to ? (what connectors ?)

Originally posted by Vitamin_uk
I am conecting a 3com SuperStack 2 3300 Switch with another one!

just an SC-SC Multimode Duplex cable would do fine then (ensure it is Duplex and not Simplex), get the right length, as fibre can be expensive (I would recommend buying it new or at least if you buy second hand, ensure it comes with the original test certificate and ask if its been cleaned and polished)

Back