Fiber to Neighbor's house

pug

[H]ard|Gawd
I am not sure I will be able to get internet at my new place (DSL/Cable)

I have found the Ethernet to Fiber convertors for around $150 each.

How much would say 100m-150m fiber run me? I want to be able to run fiber to her house (she said I could) to get internet and share her cable. I need to measure to see how far away it is because I doubt Cat5e will work because I believe its over the 100m length.

First off, I would imagine this is very much against the ToS for her provider. Second, fiber ran properly than far would probably cost a few thousand dollars to do it properly.

first off, doing this is definitely against the terms of service of your friends ISP.

however...you might want to look at a point to point wireless solution from companies like proxim, or you can easily and cheaply even build your own out of pringles cans (assuming you have line of sight, some patience, and maybe $50 to spend)

:D

your going to want to do this via wireless, its going to be cheaper and you dont have to worry about people digging...

get yourself some WRT54g's and put one of those 3rd party firmwares on it... then pickup a pair of yagi antennas and pigtales from fab-corp.com

Back