Favorite AMD Mobo Company

IF you really know what you are doing NOTHING beats a DFI. Throw a mobile Athlon in a LanParty II Rev.B or an Ultra Infinity there and hit TRUE speeds of 2.7ghz on air, 2.9-3ghz on H2O and TEC, or hit it with a Mach or a Prommy and hit 3ghz+. Easy 250fsb with the right ram, highest std voltages in the industry w/o having to mod a bunch of stuff. dual IDE channels, 4 SATA devices, on board 10/100 and Gigabit LAN, 5.1 surround sound. No other board can do all that.On air 2.7ghz for under $1000..Nuff said

Abit & Epox

I love Abit for the NF7-S version 2 with all the features and excellent overclocking.

I love Epox because unlike Abit I didn't get stuck being the guninne pig while they revise the Mainboard 3 times before they got it right. Not including the SATA controler not work right at first. I have also had alot of Epox boards. Including one for my K6-2 333, AMD Athlon 650 Slot A, Socket A KT133A, and Socket A KT266A. When I was having issues with my NF7-S ver 1.1 I almost got rid of it and bought their Nforce-2 solution.

Asus. Then again, they're the the only company I've really done much overclocking with for AMD. I'm sure Abit's good too. Unfortuantely, it doesn't matter too much when you've got an XP2000+ Palimino that barely goes past 1.7GHz and you're too lazy to unlock it. ;)

Abit

They always seem to be ahead of the game on overclocking features, board cooling, etc. Very inovative board designers. :)

in no order abit, dfi
asus, epox, gigabyte... others...
pc chips... at the end... all alone (but if you have 0 budget, and need a new board, go for it, tis only 27 bucks lol)

I like abit, but dfi infinitys/lan parties would take a lot less work to get up to the high fsbs. :eek:

ive always used asus (on my machines) since i started using amd, but abit is good from my experiences too and now i just ordered an epox for my first amd64 cpu.. hope i am pleased with epox, i know i have been with asus..

ASUS but high end Gigabyte boards are packed with features and are solid. The only problem I ever had with one was a Northbridge fan that started making noise after 3 months on a machine I built for a coworker. No probs and mad results w/ ASUS and ABIT.

I think ABIT and DFI are the two best. DFI make the best socketA OCing boards but with alot of bios problems, etc.

Abit, Asus top tier. Shuttle Biostar budget reliable. Epox when the caps are not leaking :)

Back