fast user switching is slow

Claw5

Limp Gawd
Just did a fresh install of WinXP PRO, SP2, and I've noticed that it takes a long time when using the 'fast user switching' feature. I currently have two limited accounts set up along with my admin account. It does not seem to be a specific account either- in other words if I am logged on, then switch to one of the other accounts it is quick. When I try to switch back it takes a while, maybe 10-20 seconds. It is actually faster if I disable fast user switching- if each account logs off, then log on as different user it seems much faster. I would think the opposite would be true. Before the reinstall I don't remember fast user switching being so slow. Maybe a driver/software issue, but all the things I've tried were to no avail.
Has anyone else had this problem?

And FYI, this post would not have taken so long if I didn't have so many 'adult beverages'. :)

Thanks.

kinda ironic eh? "fast" user switching is "slow" :p

nevermind.....

Try reverting back to SP1 or no service pack to see if that is the cause. I had a similiar issue on a customer PC but it was a box in the field for a while then upped to SP2.

Back