Farcry 2: Stuck at the beginning(probably embarassing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

archevilangel

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm stuck near the beginning of Farcry 2 where you have to get the car started. I went to the car engine and fiddled around in there and then nothing happened. I tried the "use" command all over the car and nothing, and I can't get back into the shack.

Its probably glaringly obvious, but can someone please help.

press the use button on the hood

after that you should receive a phone call on your cell telling you where to go

press the use button on the hood

after that you should receive a phone call on your cell telling you where to go
I did that and the engine stopped smoking but I didn't get a phone call.

Maybe my game is corrupted. I'm going to try having steam verify the integretity of the game file or whatever.

I fixed it and looked around a bit, then wandered back to the hut and when i got near the door I got a phone call telling me what to do next. I doubt the game files are corrupt, if you fiddle about but cant get it working try loading from a previous save and fix the engine again.

Go towards the hut, try going inside the buildings. I believe there are few guys that you need to talk to.

You have to do everything it says on your screen. It says to bring up your map and press R to zoom in then it tell you how to sprint. I did all that and I got a phone call. It's kinda dumb.

It was pretty stupid, I just hit an ammo box with a machete after fixing the car, almost got killed, then they called me.

Wow, had the same exact thing. Didn't have time to fiddle around, but I guess I'll follow all the onscreen instructions. Mine never gave me a phone call either, hehe.

Ya that kinda thing seems to be happening a lot so far... I had that same problem and then a few more. I just got a mission, got a cell phone call telling me to come meet a guy. When I met him, he told me that I should screw with the original people by giving them false information. But I guess I left that conversation too fast, because when I left and was on the way to my target, I looked at my map and my objective still said to meet with this guy who called me on the phone.

If anyone understood that blurb, I'm amazed.
Either way, they need to put out a patch ASAP.

oh that, thats the optional buddy secondary objective(s) you get with the main missions. You get a mish, your best buddy calls you up to make it more interesting. While it does add extra steps to the mission and risk of your buddy getting permanently killed in some, the results are usually pretty nice.

You don't have to bother with the part of the mission your buddy suggests if you don't want to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back