Fans

Liam

Gawd
Hi,

Have a few quick questions about some of the fans it my system.

1) I have a generic 80mm case fan (SUPERRED CHA8012AS) that uses 0.09A @ 12V. Anyone have a rough estimate of how much air it pushes? I'm thinking of replacing them with 80mm Panaflo "low" speed fans, will it make much difference?

2) Anyone know how loud a stock Athlon XP fan is in dba?

3) What about a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro? (in dba)

4) Should a low speed 92mm panaflo that pushes ~42CFM be sufficent to be a cool a SI-97 with a moderately OCed barton well? I can't decide if I should get the medium speed one.

Thank you!

1) Maybe by a few degrees, even though they are "low" speed, they are still pretty loud at 12v.

2) Noticeable, probably around 32-34dba.

3) Thats was the loudest thing in my case, i replaced it with a Arctic Cooling Rev3, works nicely. not sure what the dba is on it though.

4) Yes, because the heatsink should do most of the work in cooling it better the panaflo fan should be sufficient in moving enough eat to keep it at a reasonable temp, not fantastic.

Qwertyman said:
1) Maybe by a few degrees, even though they are "low" speed, they are still pretty loud at 12v.

2) Noticeable, probably around 32-34dba.

3) Thats was the loudest thing in my case, i replaced it with a Arctic Cooling Rev3, works nicely. not sure what the dba is on it though.

4) Yes, because the heatsink should do most of the work in cooling it better the panaflo fan should be sufficient in moving enough eat to keep it at a reasonable temp, not fantastic.

thank you qwerty.

1) I have the same fans (though running at 7V), and I remember reading up that they push around 25cfm. They're not bad, considering they are generic sleeve-bearing fans. Replacing them with Panaflo Lows at 12V shouldn't make a big difference in noise.

2) My stock AXP 2500+ heatsink (pic) moved 18cfm and produced 28dBA of noise, this according to Delta.

3) My 9700 Pro produced about 30dBA of noise? Could be different from the 9800 Pro.

4) It will, don't worry about it. The aluminum construction of the SI-97 thrives on low-noise cooling.

Back