Fan Controller

Shadowman9876

Limp Gawd
What would be a good fan controller for controlling 2 fans and a set of cold cathodes, but not too expensive

From the page which STlFFY linked:

- Includes a 4-pin Y-adapter
- Retail Package
- Smooth control from 0 to 12V
- Tactile click from power off position
- Handles 20Watts per channel
- Brushed aluminum finish
- Solid construction
- Consistent knob resistance

0 denotes off, and it even "clicks" off.
It's a real good unit. Has large heatsinks on each rheostat so it runs really cool. It will handle enough wattage that you can put two large fans on each channel if you want to. I am completely happy with mine.
The only bad thing about it (to some, doesn't bother me), is the LED's (which change from red to blue at 7 volts) are rather bright but they are very easily changed. To change them you can just pull them out and plug in new ones.
Buy it!!! You won't be disappointed.

What about for one for more then two fans, like maybe four? with some CCFLs too. Would that Sunbeam be good at that?

Where did you get the FC-525PW, if I can't find that the one from FrozenCPu looks really good too.

Jab-Tech has them.... been using one for 6 months and it's a good deal. I am switching to the sunbeam however as I really need full range Voltage control for my new case project. It's a PWM or what ever, meaning it goes down to 7V only on the low end.

My only gripes about it are the slightly over the top graphics on the front and that the switches on mine are a bit grindy (the switch rubs against the switch body) and feel somewhat cheap.

I just though you should take a look at this one.
Little thing fits in the 3.5 bay and controls three fans, looks kind of nice if your just want to simple control some fans and need USB 2.0 up front.

Back