Fallout: New California Mod Coming in October

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In a report from DSOGaming, the total conversion mod for Fallout: New Vegas, dubbed Fallout: New California, will release in October 2018. While reporting on a mod is a little unusual, this mod is a little different. Fallout: New California is a total conversion mod, being a prequel to New Vegas, and will not only feature a new player character, but a fully voiced standalone campaign.

Check Out The Trailer!

Absolutely amazing that something like this is a fan created mod. Can't wait for October to play it. Respect to the team that spent 9 years working on it.

As the team noted, the Main quest is now feature complete in the core narratives and its art is locked. Its BSA files are set, the story works, and there are currently only minimal bugs to fix. However, the mod lacks side-quests, which is why Fallout New California will release in October and not now.

That is pretty cool.

I was wondering why they used the old version of the engine from New Vegas, and then I saw that they had been working on it for 9 years hehe.

Cool - New Vegas is the only Bethesda-published Fallout I bought.

Looks cool. I'll have to try real hard to get over those Potato heads.

That is pretty cool.

I was wondering why they used the old version of the engine from New Vegas, and then I saw that they had been working on it for 9 years hehe.
New or old engine game still looks like shit. Still can't make the game any worse then what Bethesda can do.

"Sources" say its an online survival game ala Rust or Ark. Nobody really knows though. But we can be certain there will be building involved.

What Krenum said. The sources are quite reputable though and the online part is what really rubs me the wrong way.

I would love a post-apocalyptic survival base builder (I love Frostpunk). Online though? Nah.

May try this but I am not sure if I can stomach that engine or shooting mechanics anymore. Fallout 4 was a huge jump in those areas, although still flawed. To see any total conversion mod in this day and age is amazing.

New or old engine game still looks like shit. Still can't make the game any worse then what Bethesda can do.

I thought Fallout 4 was stunning looking. The forest scenes near the beginning when you first get out of the vault were some of the best outdoor nature renders I've seen.

Once you get into town the cartoony style kind of takes it down a notch, but still, I thought it looked great.

A lot of fallout is about the mods. Like this one. Which improve and expand the game. The online part of 77 assures me that there will be no mods. So fuck 76 and hello Cali!

Waiting for Bethesda to find a way to cease and desist this because it's too close to a "real Fallout game" and not a mod. Also, FO 76 is coming soon and they wouldn't want anything distracting from losing money on that.

I'm waiting for this and then pretty much ignoring '76'. I also don't like the online part and what it will mean to mods. Call me asocial.

Waiting for Bethesda to find a way to cease and desist this because it's too close to a "real Fallout game" and not a mod. Also, FO 76 is coming soon and they wouldn't want anything distracting from losing money on that.

i was thinking the same thing. How long before they get shut down as that has happen to others before.

listening to their choice of people for voice actors I don't know if i would be able to play a game like that too long before putting it on mute.

Back