Fallout 4

I just want something that performs well on day 1. While it's nice to get a new engine and killer graphics, it's always a drag when high-end hardware tanks on a new game. By the time we can all play it the way it was meant to be enjoyed, it's old news and $5. Seems like devs would want something people would be ready to play and enjoy before it hits the sale sheet.

I agree and I get what you're saying... and this isn't directed at you but: We can't win. Either something is a "shitty console port" so it can run well or it's "poorly optimized" if it actually makes our PCs crack a sweat. ;)

I like what I see with GTA 5. It scales well up and down and runs well for just about anyone and if you want to soar with the jets it's time to whip out the wallet. Good. That's the way it should be.

You are all going to be so disappointed when what you get at the end of the countdown is a trailer with 2 seconds of gameplay that ends with "Coming Summer 2016".

It would be interesting if they could, I don't know, "leverage" one of their biggest developers who also happens to develop "engines". I know the id engines are frowned on a bit, but I think it's largely down to who's developing content for them. There's a lot of potential for open worlds on them, and who knows what Tech 6 is capable of.

Disclaimer: My views on the more recent id engines aren't popular. (however, they're quite cool, I'm right, so there. :p )

You are all going to be so disappointed when what you get at the end of the countdown is a trailer with 2 seconds of gameplay that ends with "Coming Summer 2016".

:D I've been thinking the same thing. I'll be more disappointed if I see that for Doom 4 though. :mad:

I know... I'm bracing myself believe me.

K2LS5CJ.gif

Personally I am expecting something like that. Bethesda will be spending money doing their own E3 conference, of course they will be saving all the exciting stuff for that.

This is probably just to announce that there will be Fallout 4, so stay tune to their conference.

I agree and I get what you're saying... and this isn't directed at you but: We can't win. Either something is a "shitty console port" so it can run well or it's "poorly optimized" if it actually makes our PCs crack a sweat. ;)

I like what I see with GTA 5. It scales well up and down and runs well for just about anyone and if you want to soar with the jets it's time to whip out the wallet. Good. That's the way it should be.

That's a good benchmark IMO, and really what I'm thinking about. There are others, too.
I'm also thinking about the releases from say...maybe 4-5 years ago when the PC was getting console ports, but they were kicked way up and still ran well on current hardware. Unreal Engine 3 games from a few years ago are prime examples. They could look great and performed/scaled really well.
Even Skyrim looked quite nice on the PC sans and mods and blew the console ports away while running on moderate hardware. I'd personally rather have something that runs really well and looks good to great than a dev trying to push things way too far with an engine really targeted at the long haul.

You actually believe what they show will be "gameplay" ? Unless you mean the kind of gameplay that has been witchered.

Probably more like Winter 2016. Fallout 3 was announced 1.5 years before it was released.

I think I'm most excited to find out the location. Boston has been long-assumed, but there are loads of cities and metro areas that would work great.

Probably more like Winter 2016. Fallout 3 was announced 1.5 years before it was released.

its never too soon to get the hype train rolling..LOL

I'd rather have a fallout mmo..I'd pay 50 bucks a month to play it too

I can dream

I can dream

God no, I played TES:O and it was just boring as hell.

There was actually a Fallout MMO in development but Bethesda canned it, the company tried to continue under a different name but Bethesda sued and they scrapped the project.

I can dream

That's what everyone said about Elder Scrolls. And then ESO happened, and nobody liked it.

If they did a two or four player co-op, that would be pretty cool. But an MMO? I hope Beth has learned their lesson...

I read that this game is going to be cross gen (360/ps3) at least according to some on Neogaf from what was found in the website.

I REALLY hope that's not true, we are already years into "next" gen" and to have the game held back for last gen is a huge mistake imo.

God no, I played TES:O and it was just boring as hell.

There was actually a Fallout MMO in development but Bethesda canned it, the company tried to continue under a different name but Bethesda sued and they scrapped the project.

TES:O is a perfect example of why making an "mmo" of any great single player rpg doesn't usually work. Instead of sticking to the gameplay and style that makes them so fun they just throw in your usual "mmo" style quests/level treadmill."

TES games were always about exploration and finding your own way, which is exactly he opposite of what TES:O did, you couldn't explore, the world was zone based and not open, beacuse it was tied to levels you just stuck to one zone for it's level range and then moved on to the next in a theme park style world, competely missing the sandbox style that TES is known for.

Also as far as the Fallout mmo goes it was Interplay...the original Fallout publisher with original fallout devs on the project (IE Chris Taylor). However I still doubt it wouldn't have been "mmo'ifed" like TES:O and missing what makes fallout games fun.

I read that this game is going to be cross gen (360/ps3) at least according to some on Neogaf from what was found in the website.

I REALLY hope that's not true, we are already years into "next" gen" and to have the game held back for last gen is a huge mistake imo.

That would suck. Mostly because being on last-gen means being on Skyrim's engine. Shouldn't we be at a point by now where the only thing being released on last gen is sports games? Even Call of Duty appears to be moving away from last-gen with the next game.

I agree. If the PS3 and 360 are in the cycle my expectations will be dropping.

I hope it's just PC, PS4, and XB1.

Hidden within the Fallout 4 teaser site source code is a hidden error code that references Fallout 3 character Masterbrain

But I still haven't gotten past Megaton in Fallout 3.

The game picks up from there. ;)

If I see more than a two second prick tease and a "see you next year, suckers!" tomorrow I'll be amazed.

Bethesda is the all time master at drawing out hype.

Also I really really hope they have a completely new animation system and use mocap this time.

Bethseda games are (imo) so far behind other AAA backed games when it comes to animations, everything looks so robotic and stiff, the facial movements, combat animations, it just looks so wonky in all of their games (Fallout/TES).

I mean compare it to games like The AC series, The Witcher, Uncharted, Batman, GTA V, etc. No where near those are as far as animations go.

I think if I had to pick one thing I really hoped to see improved upon, it would be gunplay. I really like FO3/NV, but I like them because of what you can do. The massive open world. The tons of quests. The ability to be whoever the fuck I want. They are a marvelous world. The actual gunplay though leaves a lot to be desired. It always felt slow and clunky to me. Can't really put my finger on something specif. It was a lot better in NV (maybe because of the ability to use sights), but more often than not I still found myself using VATS just because trying to actually have a gunfight on my own just didn't feel right.

Also I really really hope they have a completely new animation system and use mocap this time.

Bethseda games are (imo) so far behind other AAA backed games when it comes to animations, everything looks so robotic and stiff, the facial movements, combat animations, it just looks so wonky in all of their games (Fallout/TES).

I mean compare it to games like The AC series, The Witcher, Uncharted, Batman, GTA V, etc. No where near those are as far as animations go.

I'm hoping they scrap Gamebryo and use a modern engine capable of next gen. If they use gamebryo code its a no buy for me at least full price anyway.

I think if I had to pick one thing I really hoped to see improved upon, it would be gunplay. I really like FO3/NV, but I like them because of what you can do. The massive open world. The tons of quests. The ability to be whoever the fuck I want. They are a marvelous world. The actual gunplay though leaves a lot to be desired. It always felt slow and clunky to me. Can't really put my finger on something specif. It was a lot better in NV (maybe because of the ability to use sights), but more often than not I still found myself using VATS just because trying to actually have a gunfight on my own just didn't feel right.

I think that was the point, they wanted you to use VATS. I agree though, I think the gunplay could use some improvement.

VATS was garbage. It ruined the shooter aspects of the game.
If they bring it back, they need to add perks for NOT using vats.

VATS was garbage. It ruined the shooter aspects of the game.
If they bring it back, they need to add perks for NOT using vats.

VATS Was great, shooting guns sucked ass. Shooting any weapon in real time felt like shit. Both FO3 and NV were shit shooters but pretty good RPGs.

Make it like Fallout 3/NV with updated graphics and I'm in. Great games.

I'm still surprised that there are so few open world FPS shooter rpg's. The only other ones I can think of are the Far Cry series, Shadows of Chernobyl, and to a lesser extent Borderlands (not really open world).

With how popular shooters and open world games are there should be tons of them out every year.

Back