Fallout 4

The weapon debris/RTX thing seems odd. I mean...that has to be a pretty big chunk of the population playing this game right now. You'd think that would be a priority with this update, but apparently not. If isn't fixable, maybe disable it automatically when it does the hardware detection thing?
It is set to off by default after hardware detection, but there is no warning or anything when you turn it on.

It is set to off by default after hardware detection, but there is no warning or anything when you turn it on.

Good to know. My settings from 6 years ago were apparently retained as I didn't change anything. I started looking for a full-on fix, but apparently the mod loader people are using doesn't work with this update yet.

I played a bit last night. Started a new game, no mods. Played ok. No huge change from the last time I played it, except running 1440 instead of 1080.
Played until I got stuck in the Minutemen buildings basement. Dog all runnin around, all happy go lucky, while the char is stuck staring at the bottom half of the terminal. Can't jump, move head around. Nothing.
Hoping the last save wasn't too far back.

I played a bit last night. Started a new game, no mods. Played ok. No huge change from the last time I played it, except running 1440 instead of 1080.
Played until I got stuck in the Minutemen buildings basement. Dog all runnin around, all happy go lucky, while the char is stuck staring at the bottom half of the terminal. Can't jump, move head around. Nothing.
Sounds like the authentic Bethesda experience.

` for the console then type tcl then enter. That will get you out. Enables no clip. Do it again after your unstuck to disable it.

Good to know. My settings from 6 years ago were apparently retained as I didn't change anything. I started looking for a full-on fix, but apparently the mod loader people are using doesn't work with this update yet.
That can sometimes be an issue, too. I really wish Steam gave you the option to exclude configuration files from cloud saves. I've had at least on game completely broken for me after a hardware upgrade where the only fix was to turn off cloud saves and delete the configuration file. This was Amnesia: The Dark Descent after I upgraded from my GTX 780 pair to a Titan X on a fresh install of Windows 8.1.
It seems the upgrade was a downgrade?
It's neither an upgrade or a downgrade, it just added more content. Which is why people are upset because it broke mods and prevented Fallout London from releasing on schedule, all for nothing.

Reactions: pek
like this
If I get fed up with Fallout 4, I'll probably just start a new game of 76. I didn't think it was half bad back when it first came out and people say it's worlds better now. The gunplay in 76 much more natural than in 4. Since there's no VATS, it kinda had to be.

Yep and have just as many bugs as Fallout with a lot less solutions, especially Stalker games. Even Metro Exodus still has 2 game breaking bugs in it.

The console was the best thing Bethesda ever did for the FO & ES series of games.
Can't speak for Metro but STALKER GAMMA was a smooth gaming experience for me in terms of bugs, or lack thereof for noticeable ones. I would recommend a heavily modded STALKER.

Can't speak for Metro but STALKER GAMMA was a smooth gaming experience for me in terms of bugs, or lack thereof for noticeable ones. I would recommend a heavily modded STALKER.
I agree that Stalker with a shit ton of mods is fun, just like FO3, NV, FO4 is, but I was mainly talking about vanilla Stalker and Metro VS. vanilla FO4.
I will be giving Gamma a shot though when I replay them soon.

Back