Falcons little trick

Niku

[H]ard|Gawd
ok i had to play stupid durring an interview but i did find something kinda neat that you shuttle or shuttle type computer people could use...

durring my interview at falcon north west i noticed a shuttle type computer that had a PCI card with a ribbon cable and a power cable running to a small LCD (like a PS2/PS1 type LCD)...i asked about it and he said it was top secret but that it was a PCI card and the ribbon was an internal DVI connector.......i didnt pry too much and he did the usual if i told you the detals i'd have to kill you type of thing...

but its more than obvious...little LCD screen....DVI type connector for higher reses than RCA...little case...window...

just thought it could be an idea for a windowed shuttle type case with a little LCD...kind of a idea made public

Myself or another representative from Shuttle will be contacting you very soon about this matter.

Thank you,
Zack

Wait, you went in for an interview with em!? THEY'RE HIRING!? I wish I lived in xx (I don't know where they are, but I doubt it's Arizona :( ).

Anyways, that's awesome info. I hope you don't get sued or anything man! Thanks for sharing and now I think it's time you run to the government and get a new name :D

Lol, I was joking...

That's pretty sweet though, does anyone know if you can buy those PCI cards anywhere? Imagine having a whole LCD as a side panel using DVI:D

i honestly dont think its any different than this:
http://www.earthlcd.com/sk1008.htm

just on a smaller scale...no one said dont tell any one nor do i think they can copyright such a thing while stuff like the link i posted earlier already exists...but it is a neat idea...kinda small for me though...but if you had a big case like mione with a big LCD...hmmm...see what i mean

Falcon NW is in oregon?

.....hmmmmmmm

err and since yer in oregon.....did you see me in the living section on dec. 28th? :D modding pics galore.

oooo
you shouldnt have exposed this top secret info
this site is too highly traffic-ed

but thanks anyway :D

Originally posted by Qtip42
Falcon NW is in oregon?

.....hmmmmmmm

err and since yer in oregon.....did you see me in the living section on dec. 28th? :D modding pics galore.

we get a different news paper here...your was the oregonian right?....we can get it but the mail tribune is more popular being more local news...so basicly no i didnt...sorry

and kindayes kinda no felcom...the ribbon was smaller and had a different connector on it and it wasnt mounted in the case yet...it looked as if they were still figuring out how to mount it in the side and have room still

Originally posted by Niku
we get a different news paper here...your was the oregonian right?....we can get it but the mail tribune is more popular being more local news...so basicly no i didnt...sorry

and kindayes kinda no felcom...the ribbon was smaller and had a different connector on it and it wasnt mounted in the case yet...it looked as if they were still figuring out how to mount it in the side and have room still

they want to mount it on the side?

thats pretty retarded imo since you dont really see the side as much as you would say, the front... you know, hence why the front is the front and the side is not? ;)

i think that guys mod is pretty schweet actually...

Originally posted by FLECOM
they want to mount it on the side?

thats pretty retarded imo since you dont really see the side as much as you would say, the front... you know, hence why the front is the front and the side is not? ;)

i think that guys mod is pretty schweet actually...

i'm not sure, it was sitting on the guys desk and there were some blue prints next to it so i think theyre still figuring it out...who knows though i'm not positive but it was very curious...

i could do with out that chick in that link though...

Originally posted by Niku
i'm not sure, it was sitting on the guys desk and there were some blue prints next to it so i think theyre still figuring it out...who knows though i'm not positive but it was very curious...

i could do with out that chick in that link though...

hehe ditto

Back