F@H copycatting my dual core

steeltoe

Limp Gawd
I set up my dual core correctly with Box and Box with -Local and it's worked fine for months. Now all of sudden I'm seeing the cores folding the exact same proteins for the last three runs. Is this the norm now? I don't want to be wasting cpu time on duplicate results. I re-checked all my setttings and everything is correct for dual cpu. Only thing I haven't done is erase the units it's working and see what gets downloaded.

check the run/clone/gen

Odds are they are different WU's, but the same core/type which is normal.

Even if you do get the same run/clone/gen - the same exact work unit in all aspects - you are still helping them because you are verifing that the computations were 100% accurate. Stanford has checks in place to make sure that things do get computed correctly, that's why you hear stories of people overclocking and getting early unit ends, it's ending early because checks were in place to make sure that nothing major got corrupted. Though I'm sure that little errors in memory/cpu do sometimes happen, and these might be to small to get caught, and so they do need to send the same exact wu out a few times to check and make sure everythign matches up. So rest assured you are still helping the cause with whatever you fold.

Fold on with all your dual cpu goodness!

Thanks for the replies. I checked and marty9876 hit it on the head. Both project 1850 but everything else is different.

Back