Eyefinity screen tearing

It's a weird bit of psychology but... I was quite irritated and trying different plugins and swapping monitors around and doing all this stuff to find out what was broken and the tearing just drove me nuts. Once I discovered none of my hardware is actually "broken" the tearing barely bothers me anymore... lol

Sunny, it wouldn't be ideal but the tearing is almost always (I got it to move once, then move back) on the DisplayPort monitor... next time I have money could I just replace that one...? Probably not, I imagine it'd force it down to 60hz to match the other two.

If your have DP monitors and connect them using DP ports on the gpu (a few cards feature 3+ dp like Asus DCII or 6990) the tearring pretty much goes away.

Basically, everything I've seen is that if you have mixed DP/DVI you get tearing on the monitor that isn't set as primary in eyefinity. And since you can't run high res eyefinity on only DVI, you're forced to run on at least some DP. And thats the catch - you either need a card with more than the standard 2 DP ports like the Asus cards, or one of the DP hubs that have been talked about for awhile.

Basically, everything I've seen is that if you have mixed DP/DVI you get tearing on the monitor that isn't set as primary in eyefinity. And since you can't run high res eyefinity on only DVI, you're forced to run on at least some DP. And thats the catch - you either need a card with more than the standard 2 DP ports like the Asus cards, or one of the DP hubs that have been talked about for awhile.

this +1, I had this issue on my reference 6970, I got an ASUS DCUII with 4 DP connections, and connected all monitors via DP and now no tearing!

yay.

The tearing I have is on the primary/DP monitor, the two DVI ones are fine. If I unplug the others, the DP still has tearing (and some snow) but on DVI it's perfect. I'm not sure if I want to hate AMD or DP.

The tearing I have is on the primary/DP monitor, the two DVI ones are fine. If I unplug the others, the DP still has tearing (and some snow) but on DVI it's perfect. I'm not sure if I want to hate AMD or DP.

has nothing to do with the DP, pretty sure it's the fact that it is the odd one out.

if you shut your comp down ,unplug the DVI monitors, turn it back on, you're going to get no tearing.

Back