Eyefinity DisplayPort Portrait Mode Problems?

SingleT

Limp Gawd
I was over at a friend's house earlier tonight trying to test out his new 5850 Eyefinity setup in portrait mode with 3x Dell P2210H monitors. They have DVI and DisplayPort on them. I had two hooked up via DVI and the third hooked up through DisplayPort. However, when I tried rotating the picture to portrait mode, whether I was in grouped mode or extended desktop mode, the option was not available to rotate the picture. It would only let me work in landscape mode.

When I turned off the DisplayPort connected monitor, the other two would automatically adjust to two monitors, and then it would allow me to switch the two DVI connected monitors to portrait mode. Once I turned the DisplayPort connected monitor back on, all three of them would switch back to landscape mode, and I would be back where I started.

This is on the newest 10.2 drivers.

Anyone had similar problems? Solutions?

I have the exact same monitors. When I get home tomorrow I'll test this out and see what my results are.

Do those monitors looks bad in portrait being that they are TN panels? I was gonna get 3 of them but got U2410s instead and it cost way more.

Well, the viewing angle from the bottom is horrible, so the right monitor has to be turned to compensate, since when it's rotated it's like looking at it from the bottom. Like I said though, I'm having problems with 3 monitors once that DisplayPort one comes into play, so I haven't really had much time to play with it.

Is there a solution to this problem? I am running an Acer x223w with a pair of dell P2210, and encounter the same problem with my dell using the displayport. I am using my Radeon HD 5770 with two DVIs and one displayport... Everything else works fine...

Any help would be appreciated!

I had this issue when I tested portrait. I had to disable eyefinity from CCC, and afterwards the option was there.

I have the same monitors in eyefinity portrait and it works fine. My displayport monitor is in the middle. As for viewing angles, I regret not getting IPS panels, but it's not the end of the world. It's like gaming on a laptop with a TN panel, and yes, you have to curve at least the far right monitor to minimize the bad viewing angles.

Back