Eyefinity 6 Monitor Help

carlbme

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got a 6850 and have been searching many places for a DP1.2 monitor that would allow me to daisy chain them so I can run 6 displays. I have run into so much mis-information about which monitors allow daisy chaining that I'm at a loss. Is there a 19"-20" monitor anyone would suggest? Or at the very least a place to look and find them?

You have run into the biggest problem, existence. These hubs and monitors don't exist on a consumer level yet.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are going to use 1280x1024 monitors, there are displayport to 3 DVI hubs. The problem with these hubs is that they use the older displayport standard and that is why you are limited to 3840x1024 across three monitors per display port. They also cost about 200$+ each. Here is one such device: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-...LW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1331079493&sr=8-11

Note that the aforesaid resolution limit does not allow bezel compensation for 1280 monitors.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Correct, Suiken. At best, on a consumer level, you can use daisy chain up to 6 Apple Thunderbolt Displays using one of their newer, high-end, thunderbolt-based systems. Here's some info on Thunderbolt. But, until ATI/nVidia adobt Thunderbolt into their graphics cards and monitors manufacturers produce units with the ability to use pass-through (I believe the term is) DisplayPort, there will be no daisy chaining.

Back