Extreme Low Profile HTPC Gaming Setup

Mercutio

Weaksauce
Vents out the back of the drawer. When not gaming, stable temps for CPU (E8400) below 45C and GPU (GTX260) below 50C. Completely inaudible when not gaming.

Thus far, I slide the drawer open and pop out the key/mouse sensor when gaming. Looking for a better / longer distance wireless key/mouse setup; currently have Logitech RCP140. If you have a key/mouse with better range, please let me know.

Uhhh...I don't know what else to say other than, dangerous?

That setup deserves some real audio equipment. Pronto.

Very nice!

Thank you, Criccio.

Those little Klipsch speakers actually put out a decent volume of decent sounding music.

What's the concern? I've never heard of any safety issues related to caseless setups.

IMO, caseless + wood drawer = fire hazard. But hey, cool setup, and keep paying your homeowners insurance.

Seems that it would be far less of a fire hazard than running with a case on carpet or near furniture.

Seems that it would be far less of a fire hazard than running with a case on carpet or near furniture.

Pointing out how one thing is stupider then another doesn't mean it's still not stupid.

Anyways, I can't see the pics or anything so I have no idea if it truly is a bad idea to run it in a drawer or not but I have seen it done and turn out very well so it's not like it isn't doable.

Back