[EXPIRED] PNY CS2030 240GB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe $98.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
Not a bad dealio for an M.2 drive. Pretty good reviews.

EXPIRED-

I got in on one.

Last edited:
Look at your mobo specs, using m.2 drive usually disables one of your sata ports, just in case you need that port or its currently in use.
* The SATA2 5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive.

The WD Black 512GB m.2 on Newegg is going for $199 if you want a bigger drive for the same price per GB.

Look at your mobo specs, using m.2 drive usually disables one of your sata ports, just in case you need that port or its currently in use.
* The SATA2 5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive.

Yeah I saw that. I only have 3 sata devices so I ain't worried about that.

The WD Black 512GB m.2 on Newegg is going for $199 if you want a bigger drive for the same price per GB.

I'd take this SSD or something like a SM951 over a WD Black PCIe any day of the week. The WD has slower 4K than some SATA SSDs!

Would that still apply if the SSD is NVMe? I ask because NVMe solid state drives have nothing to do with SATA, its a totally different storage protocol technology. Now if you were to put an M.2 SATA ssd in that would certainly apply but its not clear if the M.2 ssd is NVMe. Also - there is no mSATA - thats dead technology and not available on that ASRock board, probably no longer available any any reasonable current mobos.

I'd take this SSD or something like a SM951 over a WD Black PCIe any day of the week. The WD has slower 4K than some SATA SSDs!

And the difference for Joe Schmoe gamer is zilch.

To each their own - it's your money after all.

And the difference for Joe Schmoe gamer is zilch.

To each their own - it's your money after all.

4K performance is primarily what you'll notice in an OS environment. Sequential reads/writes are meaningless for most users unless you're transferring large files from disk to disk or over a 10GbE connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back