Exchange/Outlook Issue

murph

Limp Gawd
Hopefully this is the right spot for this, if not...please move.

Issue 1:
I have Exchange 2000/Outlook XP and everytime one of my clients opens Outlook, it prompts her for her domain username and password. I've tried several different corrections including:
Removed Users Profile (Mail and Windows profiles)
Updated certain reg keys (don't remember exactly which ones)
Various other tips that haven't panned out.

Issue 2:
Another user is trying to send several attachments to someone and everytime she does, Outlook seems to replace the second attachment with a copy of the first one. (They are different attachments obviously) The rest are fine...the weird thing is that, the first attachment and second attachment always vary in size by about 5KB. I'd like to chalk it up to user error, but I've seen her do it several times and it occurrs not all the time but a majority of the time.

So I turn to you all...any suggestions would be very helpful as I hide my face in shame because I am getting my ass kicked by Outlook.

Thanks in advance.

Issue 1: Does the problem occur on any PC that she logs on to?
If it does, her account is the problem, if it doesn't the PC is the problem.
Assuming that her domain user account is valid, I'd try removing and then readding the PC to the domain.
Make sure she is in fact using her domain account to log on, and not a local account.

Issue 2: No clue.

need more info. roaming profiles? What kind of environment are we running? 2k?

are these problems isolated to individual users? If they are then just remove the user accounts anywhere possible. backup data and just blow it away. You may not have the satisfaction of know exactly WHAT is going tits up but at least you won't look like a foo'.

MartinX said:
Issue 1: Does the problem occur on any PC that she logs on to?
If it does, her account is the problem, if it doesn't the PC is the problem.
Assuming that her domain user account is valid, I'd try removing and then readding the PC to the domain.
Make sure she is in fact using her domain account to log on, and not a local account.

Issue 2: No clue.
1. Good question. I'll have to check.
Yoblad: Its a Win2k domain, non-roaming profiles.
I'm thinking that removing the computer and re-adding it to the domain may solve the issue...just a hunch.

Back