Exchange 2003 public folders not migrating to 2010

boss6021

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I am in the process of migrating a 2003 standard server to 2008 R2. I have installed Exchange 2010, got the mailboxes migrated, and sending and receiving mail. The hang up is that the public folders don't seem to be replicating. I have read numerous articles, and can't seem to find the cause of the issue. I have turned on max logging for transport, ran the usual powershell commands to begin replication, but still haven't had any luck. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Jbark.

I will attempt this in the morning to see if I can make this work. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this figured out. I will keep you posted.

I have had mixed luck getting public folders to migrate properly from 2k3 to 2k10. Everything appears to be communicating properly, but nothing happens. Here is what I have done.

1. Use an account that has access to the public folders on the old server and run a backup of the public folders on the old exchange server using outlook.

2. Migrate that account over to the new exchange server.

3. Open the backup pst in outlook using the account that you used in step 1 and simply drag and drop all your public folders into the public folders on the new server.

Hope this helps

Back