Excellent Galaxy RMA Experience

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
I just want to give everyone a heads up about the great RMA experience I just had with Galaxy.

Bought a new GTX 670 GC and would intermittently lose connection to my monitor while gaming. After checking the Windows Event Viewer I saw there were some Warning entries that the display driver has stopped responding. Figured it was a bad card and initiated the RMA process with Galaxy.

[For those of you that are wondering why I didn't return it to the place I bought it, it's because I already submitted the UPC for a rebate and Newegg wouldn't accept a return. BEWARE!]

I created a ticket in their system and the next day I was working with the tech support. We did some entry level debug but still couldn't repeat the problem in a timely manner. Sometimes it would take 2 hours, other times it would take 4 hours of gaming for it to happen. Eventually we were able to get it repeat the error in about 5 min, and from there the RMA was authorized.

I shipped out the card Tuesday morning and the replacement arrived at my house by Monday!

Some of you might have doubts about Galaxy but after this experience I'm a true believer.

Good to hear of course.

However, having some experience and an objective outlook on things like this, one case does not really prove anything. One case is one case. Ive had nothing but great service from EVGA over 4 or 5 different RMA's over 10 years, but youll still find many who post complaints about them and a not-so-great experience, and they are one of the best. Consistency is what matters, not one individual case. Just saying..... :)

As for your comment; "[For those of you that are wondering why I didn't return it to the place I bought it, it's because I already submitted the UPC for a rebate and Newegg wouldn't accept a return. BEWARE!]"

Not sure if you are new to this or if you were just stating that info for others, but this is how it has and will always work. Of course you cant return items with the UPC removed....Duh. :) This is one reason why you should always wait a little while to cut off a UPC and submit a rebate, because if it borks soon after purchase, you just screwed yourself. I always wait about a week or so after purchasing hardware with rebates so I can get a little use out of it before cutting the UPC off. Thats a fairly smart practice to use to avoid issues like that.

Good to hear of course.

However, having some experience and an objective outlook on things like this, one case does not really prove anything. One case is one case. Ive had nothing but great service from EVGA over 4 or 5 different RMA's over 10 years, but youll still find many who post complaints about them and a not-so-great experience, and they are one of the best. Consistency is what matters, not one individual case. Just saying..... :)

I hear what you're saying. After seeing the horror stories about RMAs on this forum I was pretty worried that it would be a terrible experience. I'm just really glad it was painless.

Not sure if you are new to this or if you were just stating that info for others, but this is how it has and will always work. Of course you cant return items with the UPC removed....Duh. :) This is one reason why you should always wait a little while to cut off a UPC and submit a rebate, because if it borks soon after purchase, you just screwed yourself. I always wait about a week or so after purchasing hardware with rebates so I can get a little use out of it before cutting the UPC off. Thats a fairly smart practice to use to avoid issues like that.
The silly part is I had to clip the UPC and mail it out soon after I got the card because the rebate was going to expire. I always hold onto this stuff until after the (typically) 30 day return period expires. This situation was just bad timing.

Galaxy is awesome. I previously owned a 460 GTX that had a massive overclock and it burned out after 2 years, they sent me a new one ( even after I told them it was overclocked to 470 speeds or higher).

I plan on going with them again in the future whenever I need to upgrade my 7970.

Hear hear, Galaxy's service is great, especially with the rep around these parts. :)

I wasn't even sure if I wanted to RMA and it went splendidly after being coaxed to send it in. ;)

Back