ew....

vFePiC

Gawd
All that work for this layout? Is there anyway we can get the old one back? Its much better.

the way it has to resize itself as the page loads is a freakin nightmare for quick navigation...

i must agree that the new look is fugly. i always liked the old [H] better than the forum at, say, tbreak.com, but now [H] looks the same, but with different colors and without the quickreply box. if it were possible to go back to the old style i'd like that. a lot. but it probably isn't, so i can deal.

just so long as there are no animated smilies. i don't like those (most of them) but i can't stand any of them when they get strung together.

rogue_jedi said:
i must agree that the new look is fugly. i always liked the old [H] better than the forum at, say, tbreak.com, but now [H] looks the same, but with different colors and without the quickreply box. if it were possible to go back to the old style i'd like that. a lot. but it probably isn't, so i can deal.

just so long as there are no animated smilies. i don't like those (most of them) but i can't stand any of them when they get strung together.

agreed, wtf, now you have to have 10 characters to post now also.

Sorry to let you down. I am quite happy with the new layout and features that are here. I do realize that we cannot please all of the readers all of the time. Should you wish to take the time to point out specific issues, we can certainly look into them, but I will let you know that "The new layout sucks" posts will not get anything changed.

Things change. You might give it more than a visit or two to grow on you. In a week if you still hate it, then please make specific suggestions as to what needs to be tweaked. We are listening to all ideas that make valid points.

One day they will make a vb code that will allow you to customize the look to how you want, then all it does is read the databases and display it in your own custome layout. Til then, I like the new, has a crisp edge to it. Kinda like when you get rid of that old TV that has the wood grain siding and getting a new, modern grey cased tv. Granted, the new TV doesnt have that warm fuzzy feeling of the old TV, but the enhancements to the TV overcome the slight change in appearance.

i'm happy the forum is back as well after checking every day to see if its up :p so wheres Web linkage worth clicking!! bring it back! :)

I think this is my first post however long time forum lurker.

I love the new forum especially since the search feature is back. It also seems to load much faster then the old forum for me at least. I like how the colors and layout haven’t changed that much from the old forum. I find it funny that some are complaining about it but I guess not every one has good taste eh? I've always loved vb3 forums and I'm sure its treating your server well to.:cool:

I can’t thank you enough for bringing back the search feature though!

well, for me... i am VERY HAPPY that the forum is back... altho its still confusing... i m sure after a few tries, i ll get used to it just as i did in the beginning...

i think i m going to appreciate the search feature a lot now... never used it before but ive heard good stories about its power

one thing ive noticed right away that is missing is the post count for each member... it used to show our total posts under our name and ranking, now its gone...try to fix that?, thanks

i found a problem... i dont know if its just for me but its there

when i receive a PM, it says click ok to open message in a new window and click cancel to open in this window,... when i click ok to open in a new window, it doesnt work... but it only shows up when i click cancel opening it in my current window

Deff need to bring back WLWC.

And move the "add reply" button back over to the right side!

im liking the features and sections, but i wish it was in the same order as the older forums, i guess i just gotta get used to the new layout some more

edit - wheres our postcounts?

If there is one thing about the new layout I don't like, its the red bar with the timestamp above every post, rather than having the timestamp tucked in the bottom left corner. The top red bar and the bottom icon bar are so sparsely populated that they could easily be combined, and I would like to see everything in the traditional bottom bar location, after the text.

I object to this detail of layout in that it wastes screen retail and I find it distracting when I'm reading. Not that my lone objection means anything. Anyone else dislike the timestamp bar?

I really enjoyed WLWC, but unfortunately like everything else in life i was ruined by the few for the majority of us. We posted many warnings which went totally unheeded and was taking the time and energies of three admins to keep the forum cleaned out of bad posts, it was a moderating nightmare. The final warnings were ignored, so the fateful decision to shut it down was carried out. It is officially dead and will not return.

K2Rage101 said:
Deff need to bring back WLWC.

WLWC has been replaced for me by fark.com, memepool.com and slashdot.org for the most part. Those three sites will more than replace the old WLWC forum.

something that I would like to see (if possible) is to also have the section that is showing above User CP ([H]ard|Forum>[H]ard|Forums Information>Forum Help & Feedback) also at the bottom of the screen. I am saying this because I don't always go through the threads in order and if I am a couple of pages into a thread and want to get back to the main listing I either have to scroll up and select it or go back until I get there....I know it is a little thing and don't know if it could even be done but when doing this on a laptop with no external mouse it is a bit of a pain

gigglebyte said:
something that I would like to see (if possible) is to also have the section that is showing above User CP ([H]ard|Forum>[H]ard|Forums Information>Forum Help & Feedback) also at the bottom of the screen. I am saying this because I don't always go through the threads in order and if I am a couple of pages into a thread and want to get back to the main listing I either have to scroll up and select it or go back until I get there....I know it is a little thing and don't know if it could even be done but when doing this on a laptop with no external mouse it is a bit of a pain

After a couple months or so of being back on line, I will likely move those back to the bottom.

kronchev said:
Kyle,

my big problem with the layout (as well as many other people) is that it is really, really spaced out. even at 1280x1024 pages are HUGE.

The forum will spread to whatever resolution your browser is open to. That said, it will also scale down to less than 600 pixels and still be readable. I am very happy with the layout (as well as MOST other people) and unless you explain SPECIFIC changes you want made, the issue will be no further looked into.

my big problem with the layout (as well as many other people) is that it is really, really spaced out. even at 1280x1024 pages are HUGE.

If you're talking about the width of the forum, an option can be enabled with vBulletin to create an identical template like this one, but make it 80% width (or whatever size you want) and then offering it as an option to members (if [H] wants to). They can make it a child of this forum and it will inherit any changes made in the future to this forum.

An example of this can be found on our forums. Look at the bottom left of our forums and you have a choice of viewing full width (default), or an 80% view which is not spread entirely across the screen. vBulletin created VB3 in "fixed" mode which is the 80% view. But some folks don't like it that way. I think the general consensus on our forums is that most folks still like the old view of the forums covering the entire width of the screen. Personally I go with the 80% look though.

New layout looks great. Still not sure what I think of vBulletins layout changes.

Back