EVoLVE Official Thread

what level are you at?...you can technically pick a spot where you want to fight but the Hunters don't have to engage you there...if the timer runs out and the Monster hasn't destroyed the relay or killed the Hunters then the Hunters win the match...so it's really not as simple as picking your spot...like I said it's all about the skill and teamwork of the Hunters

Stage 2 or 3 is better for the Monster but it by no means ensures a victory against quality teams...Abe's stasis grenades are brutal to any Monster, combined with Lazarus cloak healing, Parnell's shotgun, Cabot's damage amplifier and the Monster has no chance

I'm currently level 27. I've only met one team so far that refused to chase me at level 2.. but in that case I won hands down anyway. All other teams chase me through level 2 and in that case I can pick where I "let" them catch me and thus pick where I want to fight.

Certain team make ups can be difficult at times. The most being when there is an abe and val and they split up but aren't far from each other. It makes it very difficult to even level..

Certain team make ups can be difficult at times. The most being when there is an abe and val and they split up but aren't far from each other. It makes it very difficult to even level..

a team with Abe, Lazarus, Parnell and Cabot is tough

as far as GameWorks being added to the game, I'm looking forward to it but agree that it'll fragment the community even more...the game looks stunning as is so adding the extra particle and lighting effects has the potential for photo-realism...hopefully performance won't get crippled with it enabled

Ouch. Totalbiscuit, AngryJoe, and Jackfrags (not putting him on the same level, i just happen to watch his vids sometimes too) all panned the game in their youtube videos on it. Even before I watched their vids, I could tell it had some serious issues just watching gameplay. Like all three of them said though, it has a lot of potential, but its gameplay would have to be massively revamped.

I mean, I am sure it is fun for a while, but it is definitely not anywhere near $60 worth of fun from what I have seen watching people play it.

I mean, I am sure it is fun for a while, but it is definitely not anywhere near $60 worth of fun from what I have seen watching people play it.

I've already put more time into this game than any CoD or BF in the past 5 or more years (including campaign). To each his own.

I remember L4D being much the same way. You either loved it or hated it.

Found a game played Medic this time my favorite class by far...

Seems the monsters gets people cornered in tight spots and wont' come out till you are in his trap walls on all sides.......

Ouch. Totalbiscuit, AngryJoe, and Jackfrags (not putting him on the same level, i just happen to watch his vids sometimes too) all panned the game in their youtube videos on it. Even before I watched their vids, I could tell it had some serious issues just watching gameplay. Like all three of them said though, it has a lot of potential, but its gameplay would have to be massively revamped.

I have definitely received $60+ worth of entertainment from the game. Have put in 10-15 hours so far playing mostly hunt. Playing mostly with randoms and have made a bunch of cool new online gaming buddies. All the classes, characters, and monsters play differently so that adds variety.

Hopefully I'll continue to enjoy the game for a long time to come. If I get 10-15 hours of enjoyment from any game then I consider worth a full price purchase and this one has already provided in that area

I wouldn't say TB "panned" the game (criticize severely). He basically says that the gameplay and foundation of the game is there to make a really great game, but the lack of variety in the game modes holds it back. And I agree. The game can get boring and become a slog after awhile. But for 1-2 hour slices at a time it is great fun. IIRC TB didn't give the game any kind of recommendation or non-recommendation at the end. He was kind of on the fence about it. Don't watch AJS anymore ever since his anonyance level went over 9000. Don't know who Jackfrags is, but I'll check out what they have to offer.

The Rush of the game really isn't there compared to other Multiplayer games....
Playing the Monster is like trying to Crush small ants on the screen.

TB basically said that 50% of the time the game is great, and 50% of the time it's awful. You never know which 50% you're going to be in when you go into a match, though.

TB basically said that 50% of the time the game is great, and 50% of the time it's awful. You never know which 50% you're going to be in when you go into a match, though.

Sounds like any other modern multiplayer game. Kinda like the go-to of shitty game apologists around here "But its fun with friends!"

I have definitely received $60+ worth of entertainment from the game. Have put in 10-15 hours so far playing mostly hunt. Playing mostly with randoms and have made a bunch of cool new online gaming buddies. All the classes, characters, and monsters play differently so that adds variety.

Hopefully I'll continue to enjoy the game for a long time to come. If I get 10-15 hours of enjoyment from any game then I consider worth a full price purchase and this one has already provided in that area

agreed...I already got my $$ worth...I currently have 100 hours in the game :p ...already worth the $60 I paid...60 cents per hour of gaming is well worth it...I think gamers in general have a hard time letting go of pre-conceived notions...the DLC pre-order crap was terrible and people couldn't get past it...but it really doesn't effect gameplay in any meaningful way...as long as all maps will forever be free and players can play against and with any of the Monsters/Hunters then it's all good...the fact that all the Hunters play so differently and each have different roles adds a lot of replayability to the game

the balance, gameplay, graphics, performance are all excellent...no major bugs or performance issues in a big AAA game like this on release should be praised...is this a perfect game?...no...but it's a very fun game that doesn't get old...I'm normally not into team-based MP games but this game has changed my opinion...I can see myself playing this until Battlefront is released in Winter 2015...and in the short term I can see myself playing non-stop until the remastered Dark Souls 2 is released or Witcher 3

Perhaps the wrong place to ask, but I need recommendations for a second card that can run at least 50fps @1080p on a older system for my brother in law that's running on a 2600k for Evolve.

Btw, I'm having a blast I could care less about the DLC, I bought my copy for 34ish

Going on 15+ hours now and had the best match ever last night

Had about a 15 minute match with three different 3-4 minute encounters, so there was very little downtime and tons of action. The match ended with 3 of us hunters dead and the Kraken had a sliver of health. Our last player alive was the support and he managed to down the Kraken with only a sliver of health left himself. Very close and very exciting.

Had about a 15 minute match with three different 3-4 minute encounters, so there was very little downtime and tons of action. The match ended with 3 of us hunters dead and the Kraken had a sliver of health. Our last player alive was the support and he managed to down the Kraken with only a sliver of health left himself. Very close and very exciting.

Those are the best matches, when things end in a photo finish -- and its a credit to the developers that they really did balance the game well.

Game is like 2 weeks old...if it's already getting stale without new maps/monsters, that doesn't bode well.

they should market this as "it's better then Titanfall" :D ...if Titanfall's PC community is still decent then Evolve should do better...

that 10 second countdown while you're evolving as the Monster is nerve-wracking...they need to speed that up...getting caught during the Evolve-ing Stage is annoying...currently at Level 37 (Level 40 is the max)

Patch 1.1 released...

— Added FOV slider to the options menu

— Improved 21:9 monitor support

— Improved support for shared memory GPUs

— Various Progression / Mastery balance changes

— Improved Direct X stability

— Fixed a windows timer issue may have caused FPS problems on some systems

— Fix for a shadow rendering bug

— Fixed “five Hunter” bug

— Fix for disappearing/persisting mouse cursor

http://evolvegame.com/news/evolve-pc-patch-now-live

best part is the addition of an FOV slider!!...the Hunter FOV needed to be tweaked

Great, I played a bit last night still having fun but was hopeful the patch was around the corner.

I'll have to see if eyefinity works now and what that does to performance. Been playing Cities Skylines tonight.

another big part of the latest patch was they lowered the Character Mastery requirements...it was way too much of a grind previously as some of the requirements were insane...now it's much more reasonable...Turtle Rock said the balance changes would be included in the next patch

Played solo to unlock some stuff since I heard that it would be easier. Fought the AI monster and got downed playing with reckless abandonment. Cool, I guess that one of my AI teammates would get me up. All 3 just ran past me to chase the Kraken. Hmm, that's odd I thought. They were clumped up so the Kraken killed all 3 with one strike. I was like damn that sucks. Well Daisy will come rez me or them at least. We all died. Where is Daisy?

Camera switches to Daisy RP walking through the Aviary. I mean slow RP walking towards some survivors. So this mutt leaves the entire team to die so it can save survivors? Then after Daisy gets close to them, the survivors run off for the drop ship destination. Kraken eats them for lunch.

Cut off game. Didn't uninstall but thought seriously about it for a moment. Middle finger to Daisy RP walking definitely though!

Cut off game. Didn't uninstall but thought seriously about it for a moment. Middle finger to Daisy RP walking definitely though!

too many people have a bad game (due to bad players or AI etc) and quit...the game is amazing when played right...maybe it's just luck but the vast majority of randoms I play with know what they're doing (I also play the Monster the majority of the time so maybe that also has something to do with it...less reliance on teammates)...I have 193 hours in the game and am still enjoying it just as much as Day 1...with the upcoming balance changes, new Monsters and Hunters I can see the game only getting better

as far as Daisy I think if the Trapper is dead then Daisy will not function correctly

Played solo to unlock some stuff since I heard that it would be easier. Fought the AI monster and got downed playing with reckless abandonment. Cool, I guess that one of my AI teammates would get me up. All 3 just ran past me to chase the Kraken. Hmm, that's odd I thought. They were clumped up so the Kraken killed all 3 with one strike. I was like damn that sucks. Well Daisy will come rez me or them at least. We all died. Where is Daisy?

Camera switches to Daisy RP walking through the Aviary. I mean slow RP walking towards some survivors. So this mutt leaves the entire team to die so it can save survivors? Then after Daisy gets close to them, the survivors run off for the drop ship destination. Kraken eats them for lunch.

While playing solo you can switch between characters in real-time as the Hunters. I think there is even a prompt asking if you'd like to switch when the one you're controlling gets downed.

Daisy gets "lost" when Maggie dies. She becomes virtually useless if you move more than about 30 meters from her after you lose Maggie. It's like a lost puppy.

New Evolve hunters and the Behemoth coming at the end of the month
http://www.pcgamer.com/new-evolve-hunters-and-the-behemoth-coming-at-the-end-of-the-month/

Torvald, Assault: "I have crossed the depths of space to find you, beast! I am your death!"

The mutilated survivor of a monster attack, Torvald is a "half-human walking tank," with back-mounted mortar cannons, an autofire shotgun, and shrapnel grenades.

Crow, Trapper: "These things are tough... Wonder how they taste."

Crow has a trained Batray named Gobi that will fly ahead and enable him to "see" nearby creatures.

Slim, Medic: "You've got too much health, Goliath! Gimme some!"

A highly specialized combat medic, Slim's DNA has been modified so extensively that he now looks like Jeff Goldblum.

Sunny, Support: "Yay! We did it! Why didn’t anyone believe me? You guys are such downers."

Sunny has a jetpack booster that enables her teammates to fly farther and faster.

Personally I haven't played since the Daisy incident. Maybe I will after I do my family's taxes this weekend.

the new Hunters seem pretty nice with some unique abilities...the 4th Monster (Behemoth) should also be a tank to play...glad they're releasing this sooner rather then later

So they want to sell me $40 of DLC before they even fixed any real bugs or blatant balance issues? I should have known better not to preorder, but the "TRS creators of L4D" marketing got me.

So they want to sell me $40 of DLC before they even fixed any real bugs or blatant balance issues? I should have known better not to preorder, but the "TRS creators of L4D" marketing got me.

the 4th Monster is free for anyone who pre-ordered...the Hunters are paid extras...I don't see myself buying them...the balance patch is supposed to come out 'soon'

Back