Evo 3D

Yeah, I sure can't wait for tomm. announcement and am not even a Sprint cust, though may become one again soon! :)
I just hope the phone doesn't take too long to come out after its announcement tomm.

What would really seal the deal is if it came with a slide-out keyboard, I'd like some dual-core Android slider phones to come out ASAP please! I need the slider for some games, especially emulation!

To each his own, but I prefer my EVO not have a slide out keyboard. I won't be able to upgrade yet but a 3D EVO sounds yummy.

Coming from a touch pro 2, I think i will be enjoying this new EVO 3d :)

Buying one the second it's available. Got an Evo on launch day and still love it.

2 rear cameras for 3D pics seems gimmicky, but those specs are crazy. Funny that as soon as Verizon gets an Evo successor, this thing gets confirmed and blows the Thunderbolt out of the water. Too bad it's only on Sprint/WiMax. It would be much better utilized on LTE.

Sounds very good; was leaning towards thunderbolt/lte but if the device has a good screen; 3d can be more or less ignored; has a good reception then I might go this route (I've been a sprint user for 10 years but no smart phone yet).

No kickstand on this device. Hardly a dealbreaker but would be nice. 3D can be turned on and off. 1730mah battery. Asynchronous clocking on the dual-core snapdragon.

I am a current rooted EVO 4g owner with a great ROM "Myns RLS 5". But I will not be going for this EVO2, for main reason the phone is just too big. I like the 4.3" screen, but in the pocket with a small case on it it feels like a brick. In summer time with shorts on it feels way too heavy, and is rather thick. And this new version is supposed to be just a tiny bit thicker.

I am one of the few who would be happy with the sexy nexy Nexus-S 4G. I love the thin and lightweight form factor of the Nexus-S. Or dare I say might be willing to give the iPhone5 a shot. It is supposed to be thinner than the iPhone4, with a 3.8" or 4" screen, and have much improved best in industry battery life, with a majorly revamped iOS5. It will be dual core, and have double the memory and double the RAM as the iPhone4. Will have to wait and see if iOS5 brings and all new notification system and widgets, and rumors say it will.

This Summer it will be between the Nexus-S and iPhone5 for me. I am done with bricked sized phones.

Last edited:
I personally couldn't go back to anything with a smaller screen. So the Evo 3D is my next phone :)

Nexus S is already out-classed in a couple months.

Evo 3D looks very nice with specs. Hopefully it won't be plagued buy battery issues (probably will be). I would get it if it was the size of the Nexus S since the Evo is big in the pocket. Also, the screen is tough to see in sunlight. Overall, the current Evo is pretty sweet once rooted though.

Been waiting for 4 years to upgrade from my Touch Vogue. EVO 3D is the device to do it. Getting it on launch day.

Meh. Sprint burned me with the first EVO and their now abandoned 4G rollout. Looks like the Pyramid will pretty much be the same phone on other carriers anyway.

Love that these 3D phones are coming out. But I just bought a phone last month and I'll have a while to wait for the contract to be up. Arrggg!!!!

Day one purchase for me.

Wonder when it will release and how soon you can preorder. Ill be moving from iphone 3g and shitty att service. Contract was up in sept and Ive been waiting for sprint to come out with the second EVO ever since. From all accounts this wont launch until June, I hope sooner, but whats another 2+ months of waiting?

This ALMOST takes away the dumbest product announcement in the history of mankind. Kyocera what?

You should check out this thread, its from a trusted insider that leaked information on the OG Evo. All I have to say is if any of this is true, I'll buy the Evo 3D outright and save my upgrade for next year, its that good :D!

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/302508-evo-4g-successor-evo-3d-bsod-thread.html

There is a lot of controversy over this "insider", he claims lots of inside info, lots of it turns out wrong, then he comes up with some plausible but unlikely reasons why his info was incorrect. This is something he posted less than a year ago....
Long time lurker, first time poster..I thought I was up to speed on the tech side of cellies!..I thought getting a Samsung Moment was a good choice (800mghz proc etc.) and while trying to get info on tethering my SM from this uber site. I checked out the EVO threads. (Thank Goodness!) and promptly excersised my right on the 30day Sprint return policy. (just under 3days whew!) That was March 18th and been eargly digesting all the juicy nuggets and painfully now back on a non-smartphone aka grasshopper provider (Cricket) I had 3weeks of goodness w/samsung moment and had to painfully return it, but you guys saved me two years of not being able to enjoy true technological greatness of EVO 4g. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info and helpful insights.
<2/cents>
I am perfectly happy w/all the specs that sprint/HTC has provided thus far with respect to the EVO 4g just the way it is. I mean does this phone really not do anything we been asking for? I been in tech bussiness for longtime with a blue company that makes processors and it's been awhile since being this pumped about technology. I look forward to seeing the threads on EVO 4G tips and tricks when this beast hits the streets. Thanks again for saving me from a 2yr contract w/a inferrior cellie and to those that keep posting juicy tidbits you all know who you are..
Sincerly,
BSOD>-_0<

You be the judge whether this guy is on the EVO 3D design team or not.

Love my Evo, still going strong since launch day.

I could easily live with my Evo for another year, but since I will be a Premier Gold customer after April 1st I will still be eligible for annual upgrades....will be getting this phone on launch day! Sucks for people who become Premier Silver members with 2 year upgrades.

I wonder what the subsidized cost will be. I don't think it will be $199 like the Evo was...probably $250...but just a guess.

Love my Evo, still going strong since launch day.

I could easily live with my Evo for another year, but since I will be a Premier Gold customer after April 1st I will still be eligible for annual upgrades....will be getting this phone on launch day! Sucks for people who become Premier Silver members with 2 year upgrades.

I wonder what the subsidized cost will be. I don't think it will be $199 like the Evo was...probably $250...but just a guess.

i agree, i expect $250.

i'm curious about the 3d screen and it's 2d quality. 2d will be use a vast majority of the time so i expect it to be good.

Sucks for people who become Premier Silver members with 2 year upgrades.

Tell me about it I guess I'm stuck with a hero for the next year still. Maybe I'll just say screw the contract buy 3rd party and not upgrade threw them.

That just pisses me off

I upgraded to Sero Premier when it came out, so Ill just sell my Epic and buy it 3rd party. Costs shouldn't be that bad and I won't even have to upgrade.

Meh. Sprint burned me with the first EVO and their now abandoned 4G rollout. Looks like the Pyramid will pretty much be the same phone on other carriers anyway.

Yeah I hate how Sprint had 4G in Chicago and said they were planning on expanding it (I'm in Milwaukee, WI). 1 1/2 years later and nothing and Verizon already has their 4G here!

oh wow just saw the utuube video review thats one kick ass phone.

just when i tought my htc instince was bas ass along come sthis phone with dual core

3d will be mostly a gimmick but even without that, its still a crazy phone.

Hmm kinda bothers me that the insiders thread linked by Psych2l mentions a kick stand but it looks like it's not going to make the final cut, unless of course you want to add a case to it. What else will change before release?

Does anyone know when this phone is coming out? I still have about 16 months left on my contract, so I'm just going to buy the phone and sell my Samsung Epic to help cover the cost. I'm not crazy about losing my keyboard, but if I don't like it I'm sure I can easily find an epic again, lol. This Evo 3D specs look amazing!

Does anyone know when this phone is coming out? I still have about 16 months left on my contract, so I'm just going to buy the phone and sell my Samsung Epic to help cover the cost. I'm not crazy about losing my keyboard, but if I don't like it I'm sure I can easily find an epic again, lol. This Evo 3D specs look amazing!

sometime this summer (no specifics), but sprint will probably let ppl know at least a month in advance so they can take pre-orders like they did with it's predecessor, the evo 4g.

XDA forums are a wealth of information... Including pictures and links to Best Buy for their preorder thats been going on for a week

Impressive phone. The thing about these higher end Android phones is that they are just stuffed with a ton of shit on the often with little rhyme or reason, hell they look more complicated than full computers.

Impressive phone. The thing about these higher end Android phones is that they are just stuffed with a ton of shit on the often with little rhyme or reason, hell they look more complicated than full computers.
are they? Can't you just not open an app, or, better yet, uninstall it?

I love this phone but won't be able to use it. I live in a tiny, tiny slice of Atlanta that's a dead zone for Sprint. Reception is good until I get within about 100 feet of my building. At that point, 4 bars instantly drop to no bars and I can't call or use data. It's unbelievable. I found out about this last May when I tried an Evo. A couple of days ago I checked with some people on my floor who have Sprint for work. All of them still have the reception problem. I''ll probably go with the Sensation.

Back