EVGA RMA issues with a happy ending.

Andross182

Gawd
So my nf68-a1 (680i dual NIC) died on me, and I call up EVGA to begin the RMA process, the CSR was very polite and had me check some things before we declared the board dead (different CPU/video/ram/PSU). So I shipped in my board (kept my northbridge fan per RMA instructions) and waited till I got the replacement in the mail.

Unfortunately, they sent me a 750i FTW edition back (with no 7x0i northbridge fan). Which I wouldn't have minded except I used both NICs on the 680i and needed more then 4 sata ports. I called up EVGA and explained my situation as to why their "upgrade" was actually a downgrade for me, instead of telling me that i was stuck with the 750i board, they approved a Next Day Air shipment of the same model I RMAed and cover shipping both ways!

This is customer service I have yet to see from any other MB brand, and why I will continue to use EVGA products. :D

Also, while chatting with the tech about the x58 board, he informed me that now via a BIOS update the board natively supports ddr3 1600 modules, which basically sealed the deal for that board being my x58 choice over the p6t.

Kudos to EVGA!

yeah wierd section to post in but I dont think theres any doubt EVGA is about as easy a company to work with as any. I've been though half a douzen RMA's with EVGA, never had a single problem. Just recently got my 8800GTS back (sent black PCB G80 96sp in got green PCB G80 112sp [aka 8800GTS 640mb SSC])

Back