eVGA Limited Edition nVIDIA GeForce 6800

dderidex said:
Maybe...but it's *extremely* unlikely. This card is an ultra in virtually every way - same memory, same PCB, same HSF, etc - same everything. If the card had 16 good pipes, there is virtually no chance eVGA would be selling it as a $350 '6800LE' instead of a $600 '6800 Ultra'.

I'd say buy this card if you aren't the modding type, and want something between the $300 '6800nu' and $400 '6800 GT', since that's exactly what this is. It's between both cards in performance, and between both cards in price.

(As I posted in another forum)
LE? I thought LE was 8 pipes.

latest news:it can be clocked as an gt very easy.
It probably matches the ultra speeds too thx to the very good heat spreader.

Its reported from someone who has it to be just a downclocked ultra. 16 pipes already unlocked (checked with riva), 325 core, 1100 memory. A steal if it is.

I ordered one. More for the dual DVI then the potential overclock.

people at the anadtech forums that got theres are claiming they are 16pipes out of the box and 1100 memory

I ordered one yesterday. I think it has 16 pipes and just doesnt match ultra core speeds.I HOPE!!!

Yeah I will tell you guys how it does. BTW how to check how many pipes it has with RIVATUNER?

A couple of easy steps.

Download Rivatuner
On the main page it should say something like 256-bit NV40 (16x1, 6vs)

If it says that, you have all 16 pipes and all 6 vertex shaders!

Looks basically the same as the GTO/Asus v9999 to me, but with lower clocks.

And isn't the main benefit of GDDR3 mem the fact that it can run at higher frequencies than DDR? At the same frequencyes DDR1 is supposed to actually be a little faster right? So wouldn't 700MHz GDDR3 mem be kinda weak?

6800GTOwned said:
Looks basically the same as the GTO/Asus v9999 to me, but with lower clocks.

Yeah, but its got all 16 pipes. The asus is a higher clocked, 256MB, 12 pipe card

Viper87227 said:
Yeah, but its got all 16 pipes. The asus is a higher clocked, 256MB, 12 pipe card

It has all 16 Pipes? The user-reviews on the EVGA site say it has 12 :confused:

EDIT: If it does that'd be a pretty crazy deal! Almost sounds too good to be true though. What's the catch?

The catch is that they dont do ultra speeds, or at least much of anything higher than 400. Some max out at 380 or so. That and some idiot at guru3d killed his by overclocking it too far and wants evga to pay for his mistake.

But all have had 16 pipes so far and the memory is clocked at ultra levels (1100). We'll see more by the middle of the week when more get them in.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it is on topic (sort of). I found an Evga 6800GT Limited Edition on eBay a little while ago and when I looked it up on Google it linked to this post. This card is only $40 more than the other card at the Egg. Something to note is that it has dual power connectors and the ultra heatsink and fan assembly. It seems that this one is a step up from the other one, perhaps it was a higher yield.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40161&item=5131413327&rd=1

Info:
Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce 6800GT/350MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 256MB GDDR3/1GHz
BUS: AGP 4X/8X
Ports: TV-Out (S-Video/Composite) + 2x DVI
Support 3D API: DirectX 9, OpenGL 1.5
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz
Cable/Accessories: S-Video Cable, 2x DVI to VGA adaptor, 2x Power Cable, Manual, Driver CD,Retail Box

**EDIT** I just read the EVGA forums and the seller is selling the Limted Edition 6800 as something else, so it's scammy behaviour. I got excited for nothing, oh well, time to pony up and buy a real GT now.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No, the cards were sometimes sent in ultra boxes, sometimes in GT boxes. They havent actually made a box for the card itself, so its easy to get confused if someone takes the limited edition sticker off. Besides, if it were a real GT they would be selling it for close to 400 instead.

Its the same card, just someone trying to make money by selling something to someone unsuspecting.

Just out of curiosity, the case on Rage3D where the dude fried his card, think it was just because it got to hot, in which case an NV Silencer may be able to get you to a 400mhz core, or do you think the core couldnt handle it for other reasons?

I am thinking this. Its the same as the X800Pro's VIVO cards. Most are 100% working except on clockspeeds. Me personally was able to hit stock PE speeds on mine. BUt now ATI has made an XT(non PE speed card) and selling them a bit higher than than the X800PRO VIVO's. Also as reguards to the rage thread, I am guessing heat/and the core just not being able to take it. Mabey with a bios flash plus a bit extra voltage it might hit ultra speeds, but I recomend the copper upgrade from EVGA or NV sliencer 5 :)

EDIT*** Also the extra 20-40MHZ on the core will not make a huge difference in games, mabey 5-10FPS max in most. At 335$ you can't beat that. I paided 399$plus tax for me BBA X800Pro(it was a vivo card) and I thought that was a steal

I myself am going to order the copper heatsink from eVGA. I would much rather have a NV Silencer, but then you have to cut a hole in the metal piece covering the second PCI bay, which is a pain and wold screw over any chance of an RMA. The copper HSF should give me better cooling, but I still wont go past 350 on the core. At those speeds, this will outperform a stock 6800GT for $70 less, which keeps me happy. It isnt like you would notice anyways, once you get above a solid 45 or so FPS, it all looks the same.

And also, here is another thought I just had. I just baught a 6800U for my main rig, and for my other computer that didnlt leave me enought for a 6800GT, which is hwat I wanted, so I got this. But now, in thinking, why dont people get the 6800 Limited and if they decide they want a bit more overclocking juice, use the EVGA step up program. Gives you three months to save up $70 and trade your card in, I am sure everyone that can afford this can in the first place can get together $70 in three months. Should give you a bit higher speeds if your into overclocking, as a GT can surly hit 1.1 on the ram, and usually over 400 on the core.

I ordered 2 and got mine in the mail yesterday (10/20). Both had all 16 pipes open out of the box.

I've clocked it up to 386MHz so far with out any issues with heat. Going to continue to stress test it and bring up the clock.

limdeswein said:
I ordered 2 and got mine in the mail yesterday (10/20). Both had all 16 pipes open out of the box.

I've clocked it up to 386MHz so far with out any issues with heat. Going to continue to stress test it and bring up the clock.

I'd be careful if i were you. I dont know if you heard about eh Rage3D case but someone put there card at 400mhz gpu, it ran stable for a day or two, and then it died on him.

Back