eVGA just dropped something impressive - dual 560 Ti on a single card

dderidex

Supreme [H]ardness
Linkage

That adds another card to the pile for nVidia solutions that can do 'surround gaming' on a single card.

Can't imagine what the power demands of this thing are, though...yikes!

EDIT: Ah, a review of the card. Yeah. Power consumption. Ooof! Less than SLI'd 560 Tis, but boy it blows past a 580 or Radeon 6970 without any issue...

EDIT #2: I wonder if this doesn't mean the next-gen nVidia part is farther off than we'd expect? Would eVGA bother to go to the trouble of this card if a GTX 580-killer was already right around the corner?

Last edited:
Nice. I know they did this with the 460. It nice to see new non-reference stuff.

And it's got an SLI connector, too bad they didn't do a 2Gb per GPU model.

So this is basically 2x1gb 560s? If so what a waste of fucking time. Why not 2gb a gpu Christ....

And it's got an SLI connector, too bad they didn't do a 2Gb per GPU model.

If this is anything like the 460 2Win card, the SLI connector is an artifact of them re-purposing other PCBs...the 460 2Win could not actually SLI with another card. Some of the reviews of it appear to confirm that.

(Still, while that prohibits their use for 3d games...for Folding, you should certainly be able to pack a few of these in a box for some ungodly PPD oomph. HardwareCanucks tested Folding on this card, and go 25K PPD combined for the two chips...obviously, running 2 instances.)

1 GB memory per GPU..........fail.:eek:

Care to guess the price?

HardwareCanucks has a review of it, quad SLI is not possible.
Looks like it ran out of memory in BF3 at 4xAA but it beat the single 580 in Crysis 2, Deus Ex, Dirt 3, Metro 2033, Shogun 2 and Witcher 2.

Hopefully [H]ard|OCP is working on a review.

$520 and 1GB effective ... fail. $580 will get two 2GB evga 560Ti cards if you've got the slots.

Yet another failed midrange dual-GPU product. One day a company will get this right....
We live in hope.

Honestly, I had a 7950GX2 a few years back. What a colossal waste of money that was...not going to jump on another multi-GPU on a single card offering for a long time, if ever.

I bet that thing sounds like a hurricane. And damn look at the PSU requirements. Video cards will soon require 220V on a dedicated circuit. :p

Honestly, I had a 7950GX2 a few years back. What a colossal waste of money that was...not going to jump on another multi-GPU on a single card offering for a long time, if ever.
Same for me. Had a GTX 295 a couple of years ago. Went through three in less than nine months. They kept failing after 2-3 months; never OC'ed them, either. Won't go down the multi-GPU/single card road, again.

I bet that thing sounds like a hurricane. And damn look at the PSU requirements. Video cards will soon require 220V on a dedicated circuit. :p

remember this?
_Asus-Geforce-7800-GT-Dual.JPG

Daggah: Dual-GPU cards have improved massively since then. You can't really judge a concept solely on the first ever design...

Same for me. Had a GTX 295 a couple of years ago. Went through three in a nine month period. They kept failing after 2-3 months; never OC'ed them, either. Won't go down the multi-GPU/single card road, again.

FTR, I had two HD4870X2s. Both of them still work perfectly at over three years of age.

remember this?
_Asus-Geforce-7800-GT-Dual.JPG

Ha, we are setting up dual displays at work and we have that exact card in one of our desktops. I think it got so hot that one of the display ports went out.Monitor recognized the signal, tried to display a picture but all you get is a black screen. Even the software said it was active.

The natural competition for the card is not the 580 or 6970, but the 6870X2. The reviewer from PCPER also did not have the balls to benchmark with 3 monitor surround.

I hope other reviews will do better.

Glad EVGA is trying something new. I like these aftermarket cards. I'm sure it can serve a good purpose for some out there. If they would have done 2GB per gpu this would have been perfection. I doubt you can quad SLi these.

I wouldn't touch any 560 Ti's till they fix all the dam driver problems.

You guys are so gay for 2gb cards. If you're going for high FPS, then turning down detail/resolution is a must, which leads to a natural drop in required vram. Hence, this is a card for people who want performance without paying for the eye candy.

That description would taste better coming out of my mouth if the card were priced accordingly. 515 msrp is too high for that limited functionality.

You guys are so gay for 2gb cards. If you're going for high FPS, then turning down detail/resolution is a must, which leads to a natural drop in required vram. Hence, this is a card for people who want performance without paying for the eye candy.

That description would taste better coming out of my mouth if the card were priced accordingly. 515 msrp is too high for that limited functionality.

Says who? Some people want and can have both high fps and high detail and resolution.
Noone buys a top card or has a multi gpu solution to turn down res or detail. If I wanted that I would have kept my 460 1gb sli setup for bf3 instead of upgrading.

The problem is that SLI or dual-screen or both burn even more of that precious 1GB than a single card/single screen setup.

For that price you could get a couple 560ti's 2GB cards and still have enough money left over to buy pizza and soda!

I wonder how this compares to a GTX 570...I guess I get to go read some reviews now :D.

Driver problems?

I've got a single 560 Ti...no problems here that I'm aware of?

Some people hate AMD because of their personal experiences with drivers, other people say the same regarding nVidia. It happens.

Seriously you need to look past the eye candy.
Nvidia uses samsung Gddr5 ram clocked at 1Ghz which is 4GHz.
What a 8mhz OC.
2Gb of ram for what? Think like this. Does you performance increase when you add 20gb ram onto your setup that already has got enough ram? Or will a bigger bandwith with the cache give you more performance. That card still got the same L2 cache. The only reason the OC the ram on nvidia cards is because they're ram performance is crappier than Amd.

Well, you're right in thinking the card looks good, but performs bad, but your technical analysis is false. It's not that '2GB is more than enough so you don't get a benefit', it's actually that 2GB is insufficient.

It's almost identical to the 2GB HD6870X2 - it's two 1GB 560Tis (which are the 6870's biggest rival)

Well, you're right in thinking the card looks good, but performs bad, but your technical analysis is false. It's not that '2GB is more than enough so you don't get a benefit', it's actually that 2GB is insufficient.
insufficient for 1080p? Your gpu will still be doing 2 triangles a clock cycle at most. Like throwing 20gb on a dual core and espect it to beat the quads running the same amount of threads

Back