EVGA GTX 680 Classified in stock at EVGA.com

I got one today from EVGA store and one last week from newegg.I paid with my bank debit card so no payment plan for me.:D

Order Summary
Qty Item Description Price 1 EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified
Item #:04G-P4-3688-KR ($659.99 each)
Subtotal $659.99
Tax $0.00
Shipping via UPS Ground $4.99
Order Total $664.98
Thank you for shopping at evga.com Please review Store Terms for returning policy.

Newegg
Order Summary
Sales Order Number: 178802678
Sales Order Date: 7/3/2012 5:26:00 PM
Shipping Method: UPS 3 DAYS

1 x ($659.99) EVGA 04G-P4-3688-KR GeForce GTX 680 Classified 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$659.99
Subtotal: $659.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $7.87
Total Amount: $667.86

Nice. I'm thinking about ditching my FTW+ 4GBs 4-way for 4 of these. Jacob F. @ EVGA says they're going to be available at etail next week so I'm hoping I can get all 4 at once instead of some BS shenanigans.

Nice! Let us know how they do.

If you decide you don't need all 4 let me know ;) ha

Will do. Getting a bit nervous that they will suck in 4-way just like these FTW+ 4GBs based on some reading I've done on the EVGA forums (namely here)...but I'm hoping the swap will work out well. If nothing else I will have the most control of the Kepler chipset that you can have in a 4-way configuration. If only they had the Lightnings LN2 bios. :)

I can't seem to find any review of this card... is it so new that *nobody* had a go at it yet ?!

Will do. Getting a bit nervous that they will suck in 4-way just like these FTW+ 4GBs based on some reading I've done on the EVGA forums (namely here)...but I'm hoping the swap will work out well. If nothing else I will have the most control of the Kepler chipset that you can have in a 4-way configuration. If only they had the Lightnings LN2 bios. :)
Nice, that's gonna be a crazy setup :) Can you use one EVBot for all four?

To answer a few of those questions, see my thread here:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1668607
How come you only got three?

Nice, that's gonna be a crazy setup :) Can you use one EVBot for all four?

How come you only got three?

So much frustration with quad sli driver support junk. I may pick up another if I really need to... running 6000x1080 surround in 3d, fps gets as low as 30 at some points, so it may be useful to get another. In any other circumstances I haven't found a need though.

I can't seem to find any review of this card... is it so new that *nobody* had a go at it yet ?!

I know some people that have it post on the EVGA forums. That's about the closest thing to to a review you will get for now I think.

I was personally hoping they would be able to overclock to around 1400-1500mhz on water. Seems like they do around 1300ish on the stock cooler from what I've seen.

My best classy will do 1333mhz stable for hours in heaven @ 1.175v. I can imagine hitting 1400 easily on stock air when my EVBot comes in and I have more voltage to work with. Water will be even sweeter.

My best classy will do 1333mhz stable for hours in heaven @ 1.175v. I can imagine hitting 1400 easily on stock air when my EVBot comes in and I have more voltage to work with. Water will be even sweeter.
This EVBot thing you speak of. I've heard a little about it since my absence in the PC scene. So you plug it into your video card and you can add more voltage than you could via software orrrr

This EVBot thing you speak of. I've heard a little about it since my absence in the PC scene. So you plug it into your video card and you can add more voltage than you could via software orrrr

Yes, it works with select EVGA motherboards and graphics cards, and it allows you to adjust voltages on the fly via the remote device.

So much frustration with quad sli driver support junk. I may pick up another if I really need to... running 6000x1080 surround in 3d, fps gets as low as 30 at some points, so it may be useful to get another. In any other circumstances I haven't found a need though.
The reason I'm asking is from what I see GTX 680 Classified 3-way SLI cost $1980 and it have you scored X9,800 while I scored X11,600 from a $1940 GTX 670 4-way SLI setup and that's still only at 1080p. Personally, at this point I'd just get a 4th GTX 680, otherwise I'd feel that I didn't get the best value :)

I'm guessing your 670's are overclocked? The x9800 score is with stock 680's. Additionally, I hesitate slightly on justifying another $650 to go quad simply because most real world applications (ie not synthetic benchmarks, but games) haven't shown to utilize a 4th gpu substantially... this was my initial reasoning with going for a set of 3 more powerful cards over 4 less powerful. (in addition to heat generated, power consumption, noise, etc.)

What's the difference between the Classified and FTW GTX680's?

The classy is a binned 680 (while FTW is not) with more power phases, a larger fan, and the ability to pump up to 1.8v into it (compared to standard 1.175v lock).

I'm guessing your 670's are overclocked? The x9800 score is with stock 680's. Additionally, I hesitate slightly on justifying another $650 to go quad simply because most real world applications (ie not synthetic benchmarks, but games) haven't shown to utilize a 4th gpu substantially... this was my initial reasoning with going for a set of 3 more powerful cards over 4 less powerful. (in addition to heat generated, power consumption, noise, etc.)
Oh I thought yours were OC'd too. Makes sense then, I'm still hoping that 4-way SLI will be fixed soon :)

Damn is it tempting. If I wasn't still on deployment I'd get myself one.

Damn is it tempting. If I wasn't still on deployment I'd get myself one.
Unless you're running extreme resolution, two of these in SLI spread out with one slot in between is the optimal solution as far as performance, compatibility, and OC goes IMO.

The classy is a binned 680 (while FTW is not) with more power phases, a larger fan, and the ability to pump up to 1.8v into it (compared to standard 1.175v lock).

FTW is binned, as well (it's not clocked much lower than the Classy) per Jacob F. @ EVGA...but the Classy is obviously a higher quality/top end binned part whereas the FTW is down the chain from it.

My cards arrive tomorrow but I will be on work travel. :( Having my bro come over to intercept the package.

3 different bios selections on this card :D NORMAL, OVERCLOCKED, and LN2

Anyone using the evbot on LN2 bios, and if so what results are you getting?

3 different bios selections on this card :D NORMAL, OVERCLOCKED, and LN2

Anyone using the evbot on LN2 bios, and if so what results are you getting?

I don't think the classified has more than 1 BIOS. Does it? Infospace, unfortunately the classified does NOT have an "unlocked" BIOS as the lightning does. The classified still has thermal throttle in addition to Overcurrent protection, the lightning has a BIOS to bypass this - I don't believe the classy does. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I think the better question here is WHO THE HELL wants to hook up the EV bot on every boot to set the voltage? I would rather set it and forget it and apparently you can't do that...

I think the better question here is WHO THE HELL wants to hook up the EV bot on every boot to set the voltage? I would rather set it and forget it and apparently you can't do that...

Damn, you have to set it every time you start? Worthless.

Seems like the Classified is way too involved. My EVGA SC does 1215 out of the box, with 3100 stock memory to boot, and an extra vrm phase. I wonder how well the Classy's 4GB overclocks ... because I see it comes at 3000 default. So the Classy does an extra 100 core when overclocked ... at 1300+ though, it really needs more memory bandwidth. This card is good for the LN2 nuts though.

Interesting news regarding the BIOS switch! Wonder if it removes the 70C throttle?

last time I checked the price difference is $50.00

Xoleras, the card has a similar switch as the lightning and you can move it 3 spots.

Normal, overclocked, and LN2 but Homer says he tried all 3 positions and he noticed no change.
I wont be testing mine until I get my MB asrock extreme 11.

Last night I was playing BF3 on the Lightning at 1302 mhz and mem 400mhz over.
It crashed about 90 minutes in. when I checked what caused the crash I forgot I had another program running in the background running algorithms and caused my cpu a hicup.

Back