EVGA GeForce SC GTX 780 ACX - $495 w/ Promo

It's actually $484.74.

because of the instant $-15 off when you apply the promo, and then the $10 mail in rebate.

Almost $480 for a Titan-Cut? And 3 awesome games that come with it? I jumped on this ASAP. Forget black friday, if you want to gamble on Black Friday/Thanksgiving deals, do so, but this is as good as it gets folks.

Toshiba 3TB HD also for $100.

this card and 2500k will help me plow games on 1080p for 3 years, I'm sure of it.

Im gonna miss my 570

Just jumped on the Amazon one as well. Hopefully NVidia isn't planning some new release near the price that makes me regret it.

Wow, I checked Amazon when I purchased mine and it was $529 there.. They must have just changed it to match.. Unfortunately for me the Amazon total would have been $529.60 anyway.. Dammit Pennsylvania.

If you have no tax for Amazon in your state, that's definitely the way to go.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
just ordered one too as I figured it wont get any cheaper in the next couple weeks and the bundled games will only go down in value too.

damn this is tempting me way too much...I had it in my Amazon cart a few times today and was so close to clicking 'buy' but kept backing out...I almost want it to go out of stock so it'll stop tempting me

I really want to wait and see some Mantle benchmarks and some aftermarket 290 or 290x cards before upgrading but damn this is a great price (somewhat lessened by the $45 sales tax in NY)

damn this is tempting me way too much...I had it in my Amazon cart a few times today and was so close to clicking 'buy' but kept backing out...I almost want it to go out of stock so it'll stop tempting me

I really want to wait and see some Mantle benchmarks and some aftermarket 290 or 290x cards before upgrading but damn this is a great price (somewhat lessened by the $45 sales tax in NY)

I would just jump on it to be honest.

You're getting a titan-cut for $485. You're getting EVGA, the most reputable and outstanding company that is backing this card up. You're getting 3 incredible value-riden games, and in which case you did not want, you sell them up on e-bay, and grab your $80.

So basically, you're only paying $400 alone for this card. Yeah, there's prolly gonna be a Black Friday deal that has everyone stirred up, but you'd have looking at the monitor like a mindless idiot, refreshing every 10 seconds, like a simp, just to see if you "won the prize"

To be honest, this is prob the best its gonna be for the next 2 or 3 weeks, and by then the value for the game bundle would have gone down, or yet, maybe even diminished, so even if you did decide to sell, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot for not acting sooner.

I'm a person who spends wisely, believe me, i am, 3 years ago, i would of laughed at the idea of spending nearly $500 for a video card. I always opted for that 470 lightning instead of a 480, I always opted for a 570 instead of a 580.

But now that games are being pushed further and further(especially with next gen), a 780 is probably going to be the best investment for all 1080p users who don't want to deal with SLI. Save your pennies and get the 780 instead of the 770. I am guaranteed it's going to pay off in the long run.

Last edited:

You're getting a titan-cut for $485. You're getting EVGA, the most reputable and outstanding company that is backing this card up. You're getting 3 incredible value-riden games, and in which case you did not want, you sell them up on e-bay, and grab your $80.

So basically, you're only paying $400 alone for this card. Yeah, there's prolly gonna be a Black Friday deal that has everyone stirred up, but you'd have looking at the monitor like a mindless idiot, refreshing every 10 seconds, like a simp, just to see if you "won the prize"

To be honest, this is prob the best its gonna be for the next 2 or 3 weeks, and by then the value for the game bundle would have gone down, or yet, maybe even diminished, so even if you did decide to sell, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot for not acting sooner.

I'm a person who spends wisely, believe me, i am, 3 years ago, i would of laughed at the idea of spending nearly $500 for a video card. I always opted for that 470 lightning instead of a 480, I always opted for a 570 instead of a 580.

But now that games are being pushed further and further(especially with next gen), a 780 is probably going to be the best investment for all 1080p users who don't want to deal with SLI. Save your pennies and get the 780 instead of the 770. I am guaranteed it's going to pay off in the long run.

all good points...more reasons to buy this from Amazon: 1) I can pay on my Amazon store card and get 6 months interest free...2) can sell my GTX 580 and get around $150

I was looking at my Newegg history and was surprised to see that I bought my original GTX 580 in 12/2010...can't believe I've had the 580 for 3 years...I replaced my 580 in 2011 with the MSI Lightning 580 but still the same series

very, very tough

muuusttt reessisstttt hiiittttiinnnggg seeennnddd orrrdeeerrr bbuuutttonnn...ahhh

Lol, I've been sitting on the fence for weeks. Finally took the plunge. My 5870 is getting retired for the 780!

I think if you want a card these are fine prices but with BF and the fact 499 is the new retail price I think much better prices should be coming down the line in the next month. You have a lot of pressure, as 290s come in stock more, the 780ti comes out, and all the holiday deals.

I think if you want a card these are fine prices but with BF and the fact 499 is the new retail price I think much better prices should be coming down the line in the next month. You have a lot of pressure, as 290s come in stock more, the 780ti comes out, and all the holiday deals.

high end enthusiast cards almost never go on sale...I do think the 290x availability, 290 non-x release and 780Ti definitely could lead to more price drops though...$450 for a GTX 780?...maybe

OOS @ Amazon.

With the bundle and ACX, this deal is the one to beat.

I'm a bit wary when I see a great EVGA deal.
Two to three weeks ago, EVGA had a 15% off discount. Only a tad later, NV announced a huge price cut dwarfing that of EVGA.

Is it possible that EVGA knows that another future price cut is coming?
Or am I just being paranoid?

I'm a bit wary when I see a great EVGA deal.
Two to three weeks ago, EVGA had a 15% off discount. Only a tad later, NV announced a huge price cut dwarfing that of EVGA.

Is it possible that EVGA knows that another future price cut is coming?
Or am I just being paranoid?

the same 780 card was 'mistakenly' priced at $360 from Amazon last week before being cancelled so maybe EVGA knew something and jumped the gun...

the deal only lasts a few days so I think you are being paranoid. at this point though prices could change even more depending on what happens after the 290 launches in a few days.

my card shipped immediately after I ordered which is lucky because I am having second thoughts now. 500 bucks is a lot of money and really there are only a few games where that power is needed. 90% of the games dont even push the 660 ti that I have at 1080.

the same 780 card was 'mistakenly' priced at $360 from Amazon last week before being cancelled so maybe EVGA knew something and jumped the gun...
that was not the same card. and amazon has had massive pricing errors before too. there is zero chance of an another official price cut anywhere near 150 bucks this soon.

90% of the games dont even push the 660 ti that I have at 1080.

The thing is, most games are fine with a 670 on 1080 reso, But are you really getting the most out them, that's where the question relies on.

Metro 2033 last light, crysis 3, far cry 3,, BF4, Arkham Origins with Physx, AC4, and the list will continue more and more. All these games i didn't even bother trying to playing with a GTX 570, cause I know I'm not going to be able to get the fullness factor that i want from my time spent.

Do you want to settle for sub-par tweaks, here and there for optimal gameplay, or do you want a full fledged out pc gaming experience?

It all boils down to budget, timing, investment and what caters to your needs. I think a 780 is a good investment, no matter what happens in the future, and that's coming from someone who laughed at the idea of spending as close to 5 bills for a video card, just 2 years back.

So tempted by this but I'm running 7870 XT's in crossfire and I'm not sure if this would be much of a upgrade.

The thing is, most games are fine with a 670 on 1080 reso, But are you really getting the most out them, that's where the question relies on.

Metro 2033 last light, crysis 3, far cry 3,, BF4, Arkham Origins with Physx, AC4, and the list will continue more and more. All these games i didn't even bother trying to playing with a GTX 570, cause I know I'm not going to be able to get the fullness factor that i want from my time spent.

Do you want to settle for sub-par tweaks, here and there for optimal gameplay, or do you want a full fledged out pc gaming experience?

It all boils down to budget, timing, investment and what caters to your needs. I think a 780 is a good investment, no matter what happens in the future, and that's coming from someone who laughed at the idea of spending as close to 5 bills for a video card, just 2 years back.
a 660ti will play the games fine on nearly highest settings if you are not AA whore. I played Crysis 3 just fine on very high settings with medium shadows and smaa. Far Cry 3 is fine on maxed setting even with 2 x AA. Metro 2033 looks the same on just high settings an will give 60 fps even. Batman AO is way way over 60 fps maxed out even with physx. I dont have BF 4 and of course not AC 4 yet. of those games I mentioned though cranking the AA or that last setting to max does nothing you can notice in the game except bring down the framerate. the experience is the same.

and $500 video card is almost never going to be a good investment. the only reason I can justify it is I guess to be able to run vsync on every game since I want drop below 60 fps for the settings I will use. it will also cover any games that come out in the next year. still though I kind of wish I would have held off since I am going through my backlog and nearly every one of those game can be maxed on a gtx650. lol

Listen to this man

my card shipped immediately after I ordered which is lucky because I am having second thoughts now. 500 bucks is a lot of money and really there are only a few games where that power is needed. 90% of the games dont even push the 660 ti that I have at 1080.

that's the main reason why I held off as well...I currently have a GTX 580 and play at 1920 x 1200 and have no intentions of buying a new monitor anytime soon...pretty much every new game I've played has run fine with all eye candy turned on...the only compromise I have to make is AA at only 2x...I'm not a BF4 player so that game doesn't concern me (even though 1920 x 1200 benchmarks show it running at 37 fps at Ultra settings with 2x MSAA with a GTX 580)

looking at upcoming games that I'm interested in like AC4: Black Flag, Dark Souls 2 etc those are all based on last-gen hardware so it should be fine...only game that might cause issues is Titanfall...by that time Maxwell will be almost ready to launch

Listen to this man
lol I will listen to myself thank you very much. :p

I actually know how most of those games play on various settings and know what the visual difference is like. this is not like the days of old where there were huge visual difference between settings. most games have a setting or two that will tank the framerate with little to no actual visual improvement. people keep looking at gpu reviews where every setting is maxed including max AA which makes it look like you need 780 sli just to play in some cases.

that's the main reason why I held off as well...I currently have a GTX 580 and play at 1920 x 1200 and have no intentions of buying a new monitor anytime soon..

This is where I'm at also except I'm running a 680...which I really dont utilize as I hardly game anymore...however, if it weren't for the fact that I'm running a WC setup, I probably would have bought a 780 just because....:D

This is where I'm at also except I'm running a 680...which I really dont utilize as I hardly game anymore...however, if it weren't for the fact that I'm running a WC setup, I probably would have bought a 780 just because....:D

I tried to convince myself that I could sell my GTX 580 and get around $150 (making the cost of the GTX 780 around $330)...then I also tried to convince myself that the gaming bundle (Arkham Origins, AC4, Splinter Cell) had 2 games I was planning on buying anyway (so I could knock off another $60 or so)...then the total out of pocket price would be around $270...still couldn't convince myself to do it though...like you said I would be buying it just for the sake of having it versus actually needing it :eek:

Last edited:
Unbelievable price drops. Got another for sli. Just need some back plates now.

Also, the 780 Ti's launch form will be stunted. There'll be a 6GB (which more or less will render the Titan obsolete) and "Ghz" version of it to cater to the 4K crowd, which should spur retailers to clear stock of the original 780s quicker.

Honestly? I'm happy at 1920x1200 for the foreseeable future and my price trigger point is 450.

Last edited:
that was not the same card. and amazon has had massive pricing errors before too. there is zero chance of an another official price cut anywhere near 150 bucks this soon.

It's seems the 290 compares very well vs the 780gtx. It is just a matter of what price it will be released at. I think it will be around $400-450. If it's $400, another price cut by nvidia might be in order.

Back