EVGA bringing back MATX. This time x58!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225082

X58_Micro.jpg

/Courtesy of xtremesystems.com's member, Russian.

Last edited:
Only 1 fan header? ... .. .. .. ... ... ... .. .....

And that CPU 8pin is a fail location.

they should have ditched the PCI slot and put another 1x or 16x slot on there.

Looks great. I wonder what the MSRP on this sucker will be.

Do want, do want, do want, do want!

I just picked up a 920 today and was going to pull the trigger on the Asus Rampage II Gene, but couldn't figure out which RAM sticks to toss in the shopping cart alongside it. Lucky break I guess.

I'll be holding onto my DFI LP JR P45 for a little while longer it seems.

I've never seen the cmos battery standing up vertical like that, it that standard on these tightly packed microATX boards?

Where-else is it going to go?

The DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6 has it in a much better place, its not like it was a reference design they choose to put it there and it's a bad spot, or if it was reference they decided not to move it, eitherway it's poor placement.

And there's 2 more fan headers at the bottom of the board...

Looking closely at the bottom of the board, one is a fan header, the other is J-Cha_1 so I don't think its a fan header.

In some ways the board is appealing in other ways its lacking.

If the NB cooler and Mosfet cooler work well I could live with the lack of fan headers almost.

The location of the 8-pin though appears forced by the mosfet cooler.

That's definitely 2 fan headers at the bottom of the board. J-Cha_1.. that stands for chassis fan.

I am a retard I guess....nevermind me I will be here in the corner smashing my head against the wall.

;)

And there's 2 more fan headers at the bottom of the board...

3 fan headers still quite lacking - Gene has 5, DFI JR has 7.

Where else is it going to go? Have you not seen the Gene, all the DFIs of late - the edge of the board, not congregated in the center w/ more cables to dangle and block air.

3 fan headers still quite lacking - Gene has 5, DFI JR has 7.
Really? Am I the only one that uses a fan controller for all fans but the CPU's? I can't stand letting the damn stupid onboard controller controller deal with them. No thank you, I'd rather not have my system sound like a jet engine at all hours of the night.

How many fans does one use in a SFF chassis? Besides fans like the Noctuas are happy running off a Molex.

Then again having more headers is useful to pick the one closest to your fans location.

All in all it's not such a big deal, really.

The mosfet and northbridge coolers look lame and those components need all the help they can get... There is a fourth fan header hiding behind that mosfet sink, which looks like they may include some aftermarket job to exhaust it out the I/O plate or expect you to throw a 40mm fan on them to keep things from burning up.

I've never seen the cmos battery standing up vertical like that, it that standard on these tightly packed microATX boards?
It has been like that on my last few boards.

i still find the rampage gene some what better overall interms of conectivity, layout and features

This mobo might be more aimed at the non enthusiast group. Those that do not overclock and so forth. A budget board maybe? Anyhow I'm glad to see another mATX X58 mobo come to market. I'll delay an opinion until I see more info about it and how it performs.

Wow, I mean, what is with all the new mATX X58 boards? I mean, its awesome that there's so many new options now, but it just seems jarring how its taking off so suddenly.

The second I move away from mATX due to lack of options...

Wow, I mean, what is with all the new mATX X58 boards? I mean, its awesome that there's so many new options now, but it just seems jarring how its taking off so suddenly.

Actually they been slow to get here IMO. Of course a new chipset goes to ATX users first. mATX users have to wait at least 6 months it seems before we see the new tech. But such is life. I'm just glad we are getting more choices other than just ASUS and DFI.

Actually they been slow to get here IMO. Of course a new chipset goes to ATX users first. mATX users have to wait at least 6 months it seems before we see the new tech. But such is life. I'm just glad we are getting more choices other than just ASUS and DFI.
More choices at cheaper prices too. Even that X58 MSI board sits at a good price point.

I wonder if EVGA is going to support this board with bios updates ;)

Back