eVGA 8800GT [Superclocked] for Counter Strike: Source?

reid18

Weaksauce
I bought THIS video card and was wondering if it would be able to handle CSS at 1920 x 1200 at a reasonable FPS. I have heard CSS is easy to run but I would just like some [H] input.

Thanks.

yea, this card will own CS:S, look for at the very least 60 fps at that resolution

Definently not.

You're going to need SLI 8800 Ultras to run CSS on any resolution.

:p

Same card I have, I run CSS at 1680x1050 16x AF and average about 150fps.. 25 person server - roughly 70-80fps

Oh wow, awesome.

Thanks for the replies.

Good decision by me I guess.

hey reid18 yes you picked a good card but missed out the most valuable part of these forums....... ASKING US BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!!!! :D

Next time take 5 mins to make a thread and ask us, most queries get a response in under 15mins, and several over night. Way easier that the order and pray scenario.

In retrospect what psu do you have? This card needs 400w minimum with a minimum 22a 12v rail ratings. If you are putting this in a prebuilt hp or gateway type machine you could have problems. Not to poo-poo on your nice purchase, just want to help make sure your new baby gets all the juice needs.

GL! :D

Well I checked with my 3 friends who know tons about PCs (build them monthly) and they said it should (they have never played) so I was pretty sure.

I have a Corsair HX620.

Well I checked with my 3 friends who know tons about PCs (build them monthly) and they said it should (they have never played) so I was pretty sure.

I have a Corsair HX620.

ahah. you must question your 3 friends' knowledge a little bit to come in here and ask us after they told you already.

in retrospect I would really like to see the websites like HardOCP, Toms gururd etc when they do a review to offer that info(length width etc) just lay the card beside a tape measure etc in some of the profile pics.

My 7900GT runs CS:S at 4x AA/16x AF/max settings at 1680x1050 at 60+ FPS so an 8800GT will be more than enough.

i play source from time to time and it works great, but ive heard source engine relies heavily on your cpu

i play source from time to time and it works great, but ive heard source engine relies heavily on your cpu

yes it is. when i went from my x2 at 2.5ghz to my q6600 it made a huge difference in css. so what cpu do you have?

I was running CS:S at 1080p with a x2 4200+ and a 7900gs, both at stock speed. The game ran pretty smooth, but I was just testing out whether the game would run and I forgot to check my FPS.

The eVGA 8800GT SC is a great card!

After getting mine I cross flashed mine to a 8800GT SSC and it runs perfectly @ 700c/2000m. If you're lucky, you can still push it a bit further, uo to about 725c/2250m using RivaTuner.

My only reservation with the eVGA 8800GT cards is the fan speed issue and overheating. Your best bet is to replace the stock fan with an aftermarket unit, otherwise it's a solid board.

As far as CSS, I don't have that game so I won't even speculate on performance, however I do know that this card handles all my games well (UT/UT2K4/UT3/Crysis/ET-Quake Wars, STALKER, etc.) running at 3840x1024.

Back