EVGA 780 6gb?

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
Any word on the release? I want a third 780, and not sure if I should just go ahead and order now and then Step Up, or wait. I have been trying to find info, but all I can find just says soon...

Are you planning tri SLI? I do not think you can do that with 2x 780 3GB and a single 780 6GB. The effect VRAM for your setup will still be 3GB ...

You would be wasting your money since you would only use 3GB of it. You could sell your current 780s and purchase 3 new 780 6GB though

It looks like Palit recently 'launched' their 6GB unit and it's supposed to be available later this month. I'd hazard a guess that other AIBs will have theirs out around the same time. If you're not chomping at the bit for the 3rd card, I'd just wait to see what happens a couple weeks from now.

just got an email from evga. seems the 780 6GB (no ti) step-up is available right now.

just got an email from evga. seems the 780 6GB (no ti) step-up is available right now.

Fuck yes. I didn't get an email yet, but I went ahead and started the step up process. Question on that. Do they charge you full price and then refund the money when the card is returned, or do they just charge you the full price if you don't return it within x amount of days?

Fuck yes. I didn't get an email yet, but I went ahead and started the step up process. Question on that. Do they charge you full price and then refund the money when the card is returned, or do they just charge you the full price if you don't return it within x amount of days?

last time i did it, and it was awhile ago, i paid the difference, then had to send my card in for them to process, not sure if they do cross shipping or not now for the step-up program. if they do cross shipping then yes, you'd be charged full price upfront for the new card, and then refunded when they receive/process your old one.

any word on when or if step up for the Ti will be?
thinking of getting a 780Ti in the next 48 hours

Back