EVGA 122-CK-NF69-A1

Some of those are pretty sweet. Unfortunately for my home machine it's SLI all the way until ATI comes out with something far more competitive than what they have now.

Are there better pictures? It looks like you might have problems running SLI with big cards in it. Hard to tell from that angle though

Are there better pictures? It looks like you might have problems running SLI with big cards in it. Hard to tell from that angle though

Won't matter as I'll be water cooling my video cards pretty soon. If I get one to review, or if I happen to decide to buy one (assuming I find better prices than EVGA's MSRP) then I'll find out. I wouldn't think they would create a board that can't run dual 8800GTX's in SLI though. It defeats the purpose of such a board.

Won't matter as I'll be water cooling my video cards pretty soon. If I get one to review, or if I happen to decide to buy one (assuming I find better prices than EVGA's MSRP) then I'll find out. I wouldn't think they would create a board that can't run dual 8800GTX's in SLI though. It defeats the purpose of such a board.

Yeah I know it would which is why I was wondering... if you follow the line from the blue PCI-E slot it looks like it runs right into the top of the water cooler plug things (whatever they are called). Maybe it will just hug the back of the card.

Hmm it actually looks photoshopped in the spec pdf as there is some strange blue piece that looks like the end of the pci-e slot floating off in space near the southbridge.

I'm interested in this thing, just not interested in it's price. I'll see what else I can find on it. I'd gladly pay a little extra for the water cooling hardware and guaranteed higher performance. If that sucker could reach 550MHz FSB or even 600MHz I'd be all over it. But at $500 the price seems a little steep. Especially without knowing how good the water blocks are.

Yeah I know it would which is why I was wondering... if you follow the line from the blue PCI-E slot it looks like it runs right into the top of the water cooler plug things (whatever they are called). Maybe it will just hug the back of the card.

Hmm it actually looks photoshopped in the spec pdf as there is some strange blue piece that looks like the end of the pci-e slot floating off in space near the southbridge.

SLi runs fine on those boards, they use the 2 BLACK PCI-e slots..............:eek: The middle (BLUE) is the 3rd PCI-e for Phyics card or whatever you have. So there's tons of room just like any other 680i board........:D

SLi runs fine on those boards, they use the 2 BLACK PCI-e slots..............:eek: The middle (BLUE) is the 3rd PCI-e for Phyics card or whatever you have. So there's tons of room just like any other 680i board........:D

Ah k thanks for the heads up =)

I haven't used anything from any of the German companies in years, but the guality of workmanship is great. They like most German companies use a lot of aluminum in their blocks, so you'll need to take the proper measures to prevent corrosion. I would try and get a different CPU block (Swiftech or D-Tek) for maximum performance, but if you're doing a review on the complete system, you might as well give the CPU block a shot as well. They are extremely over priced here in the states though, like twice the price of Swiftech APOGEE GTX. To be 100% honest, I wouldn't mind giving one of those a shot myself, but the price they are asking is way out of my disability paycheck (US Army Vet)...........:eek:

I haven't used anything from any of the German companies in years, but the guality of workmanship is great. They like most German companies use a lot of aluminum in their blocks, so you'll need to take the proper measures to prevent corrosion. I would try and get a different CPU block (Swiftech or D-Tek) for maximum performance, but if you're doing a review on the complete system, you might as well give the CPU block a shot as well. They are extremely over priced here in the states though, like twice the price of Swiftech APOGEE GTX. To be 100% honest, I wouldn't mind giving one of those a shot myself, but the price they are asking is way out of my disability paycheck (US Army Vet)...........:eek:

I'm actually going to the Swiftech kit very soon.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these boards but I won't pay $500 for what is essentially an EVGA 680i SLI which I can buy retail for $267.00 at Fry's. Granted I know it has all the water cooling hardware onboard and is supposedly tested to be a badass overclocker before it was shipped, but still $500 for a desktop board is a tough pill to swallow.

Back