Ever since i added a cdrw....i get "correct cd" errors

Irreligious

2[H]4U
I have installed splinter cell and il2 sturmovik and they both say "please enter correct cd". Even though i have the right cd in, what is going on.

When i use to just have one drive i wouldnt have this problem but now that i have two its all messing up.

please help

Two questions :

Did you try putting it in the other cd-rom drive?
Your drive letters may have changed.

What CD software did you install?
If it's EZ-CD Creator, get rid of it. It's horrible horrible software that breaks systems.
I remember something about a fiasco with Ubisoft releasing a patch that made the game not run if certain ( or all? ) CD-RW software is installed. This may have only been for virtual devices though.

With UBI it was virtual drives and, the CDRW. UBI loves to write viruses errrrr I mean games that dont cooperate.

Ubi made the games, like Il2 sturmovik/ forgotten battles, to not run in cd-rw drives, i have a lite on cdrw/dvd combo and the game, Il2 sturmovik: Forgotten battles, doesnt run

if you tell me, thats just stupid since now drives are sold with combo configurations
the only software i have install is Nero (the one that comes with the drive)

could that be a problem, if i remember correctly, one time after a fresh install of the OS, i install FB and there was no cd burning software installed, and the game still didnt run with the cdrw

that could be part of the solution, but then again, there are no cd patches that work with the latest official patches from UBi

as for me i had an extra DVD player lying around, so i use it to play FB

Well i tried playing the game off my dvd rom too but it still gives me the same error. Im isntalling winxp soon, maybe that will fix the problem.

I have this same problem. It started when I added a cdrw drive and it's NERO software. Strangely it doesn't seem to effect all game software. Ubisoft's Splinter Cell, 3do's High Heat 2004, and EA Sport's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 & 2004 all fail with this error message. Ubisoft's Ghost Recon, Bethesda Softwork's Morrowind & it's expansions, Lucasarts Star War's Jedi Oucast, Jedi Academy and KoToR all work fine. I wonder if all the software that doesn't work has the same copy protection software. A real shame to find after you slap down your cash that the software doesn't work. I am using Windows XP PRO for my operating system, so that probably won't fix the problem. My current system is as follows Abit NF7-S Athlon XP 2500+@stock 1GB Corsair XMS 3200(2x512mb dimms) Radeon 9800 PRO 128 SB LIVE! Plat (w/Livedrive) Linksys 10/100 lan 120GB WD SE HD w/Win XP PRO 120GB WD SE HD Creative DVD Samsung CDRW w/Nero 5.

You have to use the CD in the drive letter that the game was installed from; this may have changed when you added any sort of drive. I think CloneCD has a hide CD-RW function which makes the drive think it's a CD-ROM drive but I'm not sure whether that would help you.

Back