Eve or Wow

braamer said:
I tried EVE, it's boring. I had more fun with an old text based space sim I played on a bulletin board over a 2400 baud modem than with EVE. Currently playing EQ2 and enjoying that.

trade wars? gawd I remember that on a 300 baud modem!

wow's worste issue is the lame fighting. guild wars addresses that nicely. never seen eve but I say eve =)

MadMarkJD said:
Save your money until September, then buy Warhammer Online, Games Workshop rocks that game will be sweet :D

Games workshop isn't making Warhammer online. Mythic is. And it's not coming out in September or even this year.

G'ßöö said:
wow's worste issue is the lame fighting. guild wars addresses that nicely. never seen eve but I say eve =)

I think alot of people would disagree with you on that.

robble said:
trade wars? gawd I remember that on a 300 baud modem!

Tradewars rocked. I used to play on an Atari800 at 300baud. Later I played on a Zenith DataSystems 8086 at 1200 baud. 1200Baud=Ansi Color Graphics ftw.

Yeah EvE is tradewars reborn.

Eve is badass.....and you definitly dont have to mine....i have never mined once, dont have the skills to. I do #1 Agent Missions for LVL 4 Agent 90millionisk a day easy, #2 Npc in 0.0 space 100millionisk-2billionisk (if you get lucky 2b) per day, or #3 pvp and take peoples loot. If you get in game and need pointers ill be glad to help. Character name is: Elias Bosk, or Fearkar Fada.

Eve-online is 10000 times better then WoW in every concievable way, it's not even a matter of opinions it's just fact/

Gob said:
Eve-online is 10000 times better then WoW in every concievable way, it's not even a matter of opinions it's just fact/

No matter how much you argue that, its still an opinion. And my opinion says otherwise.

pistola said:
No matter how much you argue that, its still an opinion. And my opinion says otherwise.
Well your opinion is wrong :D

Tell me, how is WoW better then Eve?

Gob said:
Well your opinion is wrong :D

Tell me, how is WoW better then Eve?

Honestly comparing the two as if they're rivals is silly to begin with, they're too differant. I just like WoW story better, I like its art direction better, questing is better, high end content is better, the amount of content support blizzard gives out is better, pretty much every aspect I like better. I personally don't find space fantasy appealing to begin with so thats turn off #1.

Just restarted eve last night, but going to play it casually when i need a space sim fix. :)
Mining is fun if you like that sort of thing though, and can be a decent moneymaker, but not as great as before imho.

EVE FTW! (beat WoW)

http://mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm?loadFeature=388&fp=1440,900,331946937,20060117132618

EVE by far, the fantasy stuff gets old. EVE, despite what others might think, does cater to a more intelligent crowd. Its almost an art form packing as much equipment as you can on your ship, calculating all your powergrid and cpu needs, shield or armor resists, damage and optimal range, etc. I honesly didn't like EVE during the trial, I just didnt get hooked for some reason. However I stuck it out because my friends promised I'd love it and I actually paid for the first month not knowing if I'd stick with it or not. When I had a few skills under my belt (and a free destroyer from a buddy), I got addicted badly. I've also done almost no mining. Missions and ratting with buddies, defending our alliance space, etc. This game is a social game and the community can't be beat I think.

There is also no possible best ship or configuration in EVE. You are always at risk of dying by either superior numbers or a ship that is outfitted to exploit your configured weakness. Someone that has played for three years can easily fall to a noob if the noob has the right combo of ship/equipment and doesn't freak out. :p The sheer depth of the game continues to amaze me! Take a look at a few of these videos for kicks if you want. I guarantee some of you will get hooked or re-hooked all over again!

These are all direct links, they are from forum posts so rather then have you find them in the threads I figured I'd do the direct link. Is that bad?

Right-click/download (some great PVP)
Right-click/download (fake TV commercial)
Right-click/download (shows differing styles of ships and stations/gates in fast forward)
Right-click/download (why we do it :D )

(all in game footage, some with HUD minimized)

That was my fourth video link, but it was a bad link anyway so I removed it.

Both games are great. I still play WoW in a BWL guild but I started playing Eve about 2.5 weeks ago and love it also. With the skill system in Eve, you can play both =P (at least until you get into 0.0 space stuff)

Eve is definitely a game you need to play for a few months to really get into it. No need to mine...run missions or kill the "rats" to make money while you're learning skills then once you're well trained you go into unsecure space and the game really starts...although you pretty much need to be in a corporation to enjoy all the game's features. A good corp makes a huge diff in how enjoyable it is.

Back