ESXi 5.5 help

boss99

2[H]4U
I'm not sure exactly how to fix this issue, so hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

I had an ESXi whitebox running 5.5 just fine on a USB drive attached to an AMD system. I forklifted the USB drive and drives into an Intel i5 system and at first the system was booting okay during my initial tests, but the moment I powered off the system, closed the case, and moved it into my closet, the thing is now rebooting during the ESXi initialization process right after it loads the AHCI module.

I was thinking I should reload ESXi 5.5 and just import all the VMs again, but before I do so, I was hoping there was something else I can do to repair the existing install. Thanks all for your help/advice.

Open up the case, etc. Like it was and see what happens. Just a thought. Maybe a grounding of a composer something?? Odd but possible.

Otherwise I would try reloading and see what occurs. By the time you read through the logs you could have just reloaded it. Now if it reboots after the reload then let us know.

Eh, still rebooting when initializing the AHCI module after reseating everything. Well crapola.

Also try disabling vt-d. I have seen some funky stuff occur at times with it enabled.

Back