Eset software

lil layzie

Gawd
Just wondering what everyone around here thinks of ESET NOD32 or ESET Smart Security?

The latest results only yield a lot of praise for Microsoft Security Essentials. I can remember years ago when NOD32 was getting a lot of praise but things have changed since then.

Wondering if NOD32 is still a good AV choice for today's standard.

On all of my home PC's I always use Eset Smart Security. I know other people may think differently but in my opinion it's the most robust and I've never had problems with it.

Yeah, I been using NOD32 for years and at one point, I tried Kaspersky for a while and then switched back to NOD32. Nothing wrong with Kaspersky but I just prefer NOD32.

I use Nod32 at my business customers, nice and easy, no nag pop ups, etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Nod32. There are just so many more free programs that do just as well, if not better.

Oh yes, I have heard of BitDefender in the past and how elite of an antivirus it was. I haven't gotten around to trying it because I keep forgetting about it. I'll probably try it after my subscription runs out on my current AV.

I just can't believe Norton is ranked higher than NO32. :confused:

Thanks for the link.

I used NOD32 for years until MSE came out. MSE has great detection, no annoying pop-ups, and it's fairly fast. I would go back to NOD32, but why spend the money?

I was going to say that was a BS site (it just LOOKS fake), but it does contain a representation of av-comparatives and av-test results...

I find it odd that av-comparatives ranks Bitdefender as just middle of the pack (slightly behind MSSE) in the May 2011 detection tests (Eset, G-data, and Avira were at the top - among these, only Avira managed acceptably low false-positives).
http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/retrospective-test

Then Av-Test.org ranks Bitdefender just so far above MSSE (and seemingly every other AV): http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/test-reports/quarter-12011/ (F-secure and Norton are competitive in these tests, but G-data and Kaspersky are not far behind. Eset and Avira are in the middle, and MSSE is a little further behind.)

Back