error with new L90D+, plz help!!

rusty

Limp Gawd
just got my L90D+ and installed the driver off of the cd that came with it, when i go into device manager it has the yellow warning symbol next to my monitor and says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" im running it through DVI, @ native resolution and 75hertz refresh rate with no problem, everything seems to run fine. i have a 9800 pro and it detects the monitor correctly. any of you have any idea why im getting this error message??? thx for the help

Looks like you have the incorrect driver for the L90D+, try this one:
http://www.hyundaiq.de/support/treiber/l90d+/L90D+.ZIP

1. Unzip, right click in the .INF file and select install.
Goto device manager, delete de interrogation mark and boot.
It should detect the monitor now.

OR

2. Goto device manager right click the interrogation mark, select update driver and select the path where the driver is.

It detects the monitor name, but with a yellow interrogation mark, that's odd.
I think the monitor driver only has some info about the monitor, like freqs. and color management, not a big problem, but it's better if fixed.

Also (maybe not related to the problem) I think you should select 60 Hz.
Try 60 Hz and 75 Hz and press the monitor menu and see if the vertical and horizontal Freq. changes. I think the L90D+ DVI input only accepts 60 Hz.
In the specs, it only does 75 Hz with the analoge VGA input.

I installed my new L90D+ this weekend, with the drivers supplied on the enclosed disk. Drivers were created in May 2005 so newer than those offered by Mr. Wolf. I also have the ATI 9800 Pro card and am using the DVI connection. The monitor is set at 60Hz.

However I also have the same yellow exclamation mark in device manager for display with the same message. Yet the monitor is behaving perfectly.

I will try Mr.Wolf's suggestion tonight and let you know if this fixes it or not.

The yellow mark could mean 2 things:

1.If it's a _yellow_interrogation_mark_ and it says "class for PDIports devices", its imagetune driver, and it's ok. It's just a poor choice of icon from imagetune.

2. If it's yellow warning symbol (can't remember but I think it can be an exclamation or interrogation mark) and says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" or unknown device. This usually means that windows has the incorrect driver or does not have the driver for the device. (in this case you try the sugestions in my prev. post)

NOTE:
My L90D+ display driver (working):
Provider: Hyundai ImageQuest Co., Ltd.
Date: 05-03-2005
Version: 1.0.0.0
I'm not sure if it's the same one from the link I posted, because I already had it installed.

Back