Ergotron LCD Stand - Question

reid18

Weaksauce
I have been taking a look at the Ergotron Neo-Flex™ LCD Stand and I have a few questions. Althought most people here will not know the exact answer, I am sure some of you have experience with the Ergotron company.

I have a Chimei 221D monitor - 22" and 10.0 lbs. I am also getting, this weekend, the BenQ G2400W - 24" and 13.6 lbs. Now, the Neo-Flex™ LCD Stand says it can hold up to 16 lbs, but it also states that the LCD size should be less than 22". Because both of the monitors are VESA compatible, I am definitely looking into getting two of these, one for each monitor. What I am wondering is if you think the stand will be able to support a monitor that is larger than 22" but is in the weight range.

Please post anything and everything you know. Also, if there are other, better LCD arms like this one, do tell.

Read over 5 reviews stating it works great with a 24" LCD. Just ordered 2 from Newegg - 1 for my Chimei 221D and 1 for my BenQ G2400W which should be here on Friday.

It will work if the weight limit is not exceeded. I don't know why Ergotron insist on putting a size limit on there as it has no bearing on the capability of the stand. That said, the other limitation which 99% of you will not encounter is the thickness of the display. The majority of displays manufactured in recent years are pretty slim.

I own two of these. One holds a 22 inch HP W2207 and the other holds a 17 inch Dell.

It's a wonderful stand. I haven't tried it yet with my 24 inch Dell, but it seems sturdy enough to hold it. If there is a problem, it will be with the height adjustments. The tilt adjustment is built like a tank, but the height adjustment doesn't seem as strong.

I still think it will be plenty strong for a 24 incher, based on the way it handles my 22 inch monitor with absolutely no sweat.

Thanks to both of you. The reviews I read by people that have used 24 inchers on it say they can go into portrait mode but barely. That is probably the reason they list size restrictions.

ergotrons are great, I have not used them for a 24 inch panel but smaller ones yes, I would say it depends on the monitor in question and how broad a base the ergotron has, the larger the display, the broader the base needs to be for stability, some ergotron monitors stands that I have seen have rather a rather small space saving base and I would not use these for larger than 22's but if the base is larger and solid as opposed to a ring it should be fine. really liked the ergotron I used for my 19 inch panel, nothing worse than not being able to raise an lcd up off the desk for more comfortable viewing

Back