Epic Games Store

why are reviews so important?...are Steam reviews accurate?...if you want reviews on a game then just do a Google search
I really appreciate a review system & steams is the best because It's been around the longest & is immensely helpful before buying a mew game to add to your library. It's probably the most important feature.

We also traded consumer security for convenience. If Valve, EA, Epic etc. don't like something you did then they can take away your entire game library in a matter of seconds. You are also forced to play the latest version while with discs and manual patch downloads you could play an older version if the newest version did some changes to the game that you did not like.
I can agree with this.

The forced to play the latest version has annoyed me at times when a dev releases a patch that breaks the game. However I will say in recent years I haven't had that issue. Might be that I play fewer and fewer AAA games or wait months after release when the game is 'fixed'.

I really appreciate a review system & steams is the best because It's been around the longest & is immensely helpful before buying a mew game to add to your library. It's probably the most important feature.

a lot of people review bomb the Steam review section for silly reasons or to make some kind of statement...there are good Steam reviewers but you have to weed through the muck

Epic Games Store Finally Adding Achievements System Next Week

The Epic Games Store has been slow to add features competitors like Steam boast, like an achievement system...thankfully, that changes next week...Epic has already allowed some developers to add their own achievements to games, but Epic Achievements will be a full, comprehensive system that developers can easily integrate, which should hopefully make them a more-or-less standard thing going forward

Under Epic’s system, all achievements will earn you XP, with a Platinum being awarded if you earn 1000 XP in a game...

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/epic-games-achievements-are-launching-next-week

FYI, you can contact Epic support to remove any claimed free games from your account if you turnaround and decide that you want to buy one of the better "deluxe" packages that are on sale and/or use the holiday coupon.

15 days of free games.

Shenmue 3 is the first one.
As a fan of Shenmue 1 and 2 I really enjoyed it. If I had never played 1 and 2 I'm not sure I would have, but it's free so.

15 days of free games.

Shenmue 3 is the first one.
As a fan of Shenmue 1 and 2 I really enjoyed it. If I had never played 1 and 2 I'm not sure I would have, but it's free so.
Shenmue 3 didn't have good reviews from critics or gamers, but since it's free go for it. The original Shenmue games can be considered quite boring by today's standards.

FYI, you can contact Epic support to remove any claimed free games from your account if you turnaround and decide that you want to buy one of the better "deluxe" packages that are on sale and/or use the holiday coupon.
evil friggin epic, helping a customer get what they want. ;)

Shenmue 3 didn't have good reviews from critics or gamers, but since it's free go for it. The original Shenmue games can be considered quite boring by today's standards.

It had good reviews from a lot of people that took it for what it is.
It had a lot of bad reviews that were completely unrelated to the game itself. There was an expectation that 3 would complete the series, but Yu Suzuki thinks he can somehow make 5 more sequels. It was also only on the Epic store and not on Steam, there was kickstarter controversy, etc.

Shenmue 3 is plays almost exactly the same as Shenmue 1 and 2 but with modern graphics and controls.
It's a weird feeling playing it because it's basically like playing a remaster of a 15 year old unreleased game.

Shenmue 1 was revolutionary at the time. It was the most expensive game ever made at the time by far. It was a huge open world game where you could do anything. Every single line of dialog was voice acted at a time when most games didn't even have voice acting at all. You could list a hundred things that made it amazing for the time.
But all the stuff that made it revolutionary 20 years ago is standard or even dated today. And Shenmue 3 doesn't do anything 1 and 2 didn't

I would expect someone that isn't a fan of 1 and 2 to think it's average

the current Epic Holiday sale has some great deals with the extra $10 coupon discount...Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR2 for $19.99...Guardians of the Galaxy for $28.99

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
the current Epic Holiday sale has some great deals with the extra $10 coupon discount...Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR2 for $19.99...Guardians of the Galaxy for $28.99
Everything is cheap you can't go wrong even cheaper than CD-Keys.
The thing is do you buy everything up only not to play it?

I was gonna pick up star wars squadrons but its just under $15

Epic store client can't even give me the free game. I get a white screen with a 404 error in the launcher. I have to close out the launcher via the system tray icon and restart the launcher to play a game or see the store again.

Epic store client can't even give me the free game. I get a white screen with a 404 error in the launcher. I have to close out the launcher via the system tray icon and restart the launcher to play a game or see the store again.

It had good reviews from a lot of people that took it for what it is.
It had a lot of bad reviews that were completely unrelated to the game itself. There was an expectation that 3 would complete the series, but Yu Suzuki thinks he can somehow make 5 more sequels. It was also only on the Epic store and not on Steam, there was kickstarter controversy, etc.

Shenmue 3 is plays almost exactly the same as Shenmue 1 and 2 but with modern graphics and controls.
It's a weird feeling playing it because it's basically like playing a remaster of a 15 year old unreleased game.

Shenmue 1 was revolutionary at the time. It was the most expensive game ever made at the time by far. It was a huge open world game where you could do anything. Every single line of dialog was voice acted at a time when most games didn't even have voice acting at all. You could list a hundred things that made it amazing for the time.
But all the stuff that made it revolutionary 20 years ago is standard or even dated today. And Shenmue 3 doesn't do anything 1 and 2 didn't

I would expect someone that isn't a fan of 1 and 2 to think it's average
It was originals suppose to be 5 games originally before Sega pulled it for terrible sales. 3 never actually came out in the US on the Dreamcast. I remember downloading the EU copy back then. I loved the first 2 back then but 3 was too little way to late for me to enjoy it now.

Picked up Industria and Death Trash games I wouldn't know that existed if it wasn't for Steam.

I can't buy Godfall because I downloaded the free Challenger Edition last week as it sees it as a duplicate product. Spent almost 2 hours in chat with multiple agents and none could help me, I asked for them to just remove the game from my account but they kept trying to give me other BS fixes including restarting my router. I still couldn't get anyone to just remove the damn game and now chat is closed. Fucking aggravating.

Salt and Sanctuary is free today (12/29). I've almost bought that game a dozen times, so this is good news.

Tomorrow's game should be at least one of the Tomb Raider games. The icon shows Lara's ice pickaxe.
Rumor is, all 3 games. Which I think would be the best single giveaway Epic has ever done.

Tomorrow's game should be at least one of the Tomb Raider games. The icon shows Lara's ice pickaxe.
Rumor is, all 3 games. Which I think would be the best single giveaway Epic has ever done.
I have a hard time believing it will be all three of the reboots. This is SE we talking about. It will be 1 of the newer ones or a trilogy of the old ones.

I have a hard time believing it will be all three of the reboots. This is SE we talking about. It will be 1 of the newer ones or a trilogy of the old ones.

being that it's the last day of the Mystery giveaways I'm expecting them to go out big...so I'm expecting all 3 TR reboots

Makes more sense for them to give away the first game in the new trilogy and then have people buy the other two if they like it.

Back