Enough Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, its not like we're getting the games for free. We have to pay for them if we want to play them, so that do give us the rights to have our own opinion regarding these games. They don't spend millions to serve us, its for their own profit.

Its good to have our own standards when it comes to deciding what game is worth paying for. After all, what better way to enjoy a game than to play one that is to our liking.

This isn't the "real pain in the world" forum, this is the games forum where people come to discuss games, some of that discussion is whining, get used to it.

I once saw a post on this forum somewhere along the lines of:
"...its like being punched in the face, then being told we're lucky it wasn't a kick to the balls..."
Then, I thought of you, OP. Sure, accept your poor quality products. You are lucky to get anything!

I once saw a post on this forum somewhere along the lines of:
"...its like being punched in the face, then being told we're lucky it wasn't a kick to the balls..."
Then, I thought of you, OP. Sure, accept your poor quality products. You are lucky to get anything!

It's like people switch their brains off when it comes to gaming, and then wonder why the PC elite hold them in such low regard.

Then don't buy them.

I don't think anyone needs you to tell them that. If they don't like a game of course they wouldn't buy it.

That doesn't mean people cannot have an opinion about a game. You need to have an opinion on a game first before actually deciding whether to buy them or not, no?

I don't think anyone needs you to tell them that. If they don't like a game of course they wouldn't buy it.

That doesn't mean people cannot have an opinion about a game. You need to have an opinion on a game first before actually deciding whether to buy them or not, no?

Maybe I should have quoted the guy before me who said paying for a game gives him the right to bitch.

Anyway, the general bitching done on these forums are along the lines of: "This game is not exactly like the game I remember from my childhood 10+ years ago, bitch bitch bitch"

Gets kind of old. You can complain, but there are some things that are just unreasonable now.

There is so much pre-hate, hate, and post-hate for every single game these companies spends millions of dollars to create for you as a FUCKING HOBBY. People are practicly saying, "FML it doesn't have this feature." I wrote a several paragraph argument as to why people need to just relax. There is real pain in the world. Figured no one cared about an essay so I tried to sum it up in one sentence.

Please relax and just enjoy the games for what they have to offer.

You're missing the point by trying to group all complaints as whining. There have been many PC games that have shipped with default control or FOV settings that have workarounds, but workarounds shouldn't be necessary.

Complaints probably lead to dedicated servers returning in MW3.

You guys sure make a lot of assumptions.

Here is a dose of reality for you. Game companies do not make games simply to please us , they make games to turn a profit and provide for there employee's and shareholders. A small indie developer might make a game purely for the fun aspect of it (Minecraft comes to mind) but the vast majority of video games are made purely to generate profit. Its a business and employ's millions of people , none of that is tailored to simply please our "hobby" but is in fact tailored to generate profit .. like any business should.

As such games are not free and get quite expensive depending on how many you are willing to purchase in a given year. We upgrade our PCs to keep games running smoothly and looking beautiful , do we not have the right to complain when our hardware is faulty for instance? Or should we just accept it because the companies behind it made it for "us" and our "hobby"?

In the real world people gather at forums like this to dispose there thoughts or frustrations. That is human nature , look at any "hobby" and there will be exactly the same kind of exchange going on.

If you don't like the "whining" then don't read the forums. Human thought is expression and not all of it should be tailored to suit your sensibilities , honesty is far more important than complacency.

As with so many things in life, there should be a happy medium.

Civilized constructive criticism is good. Principles are good. Though there are some people on both extremes have neither.

Cool. You made extreme assumptions about what I get and don't get.

You made extreme assumptions about the community at large and then decided to post a thread airing those extreme assumptions about the state of the gaming community.

Opinions are extreme at times , people have the right to express that. This forum only represents a small fraction of the community at large , singling out the entire community based on this forum isn't exactly fair. This site is obviously tailored to the enthusiast , which are not known in any hobby for there "lighthearted" opinions.

Fair enough. My argument really is with the extremists on this site. I'm not trying to focus on the entire community. Just this one. I like it here and I'd really like it if even one person took note that spreading hate and bile over a texturing issue or a bug in a game with millions of lines of code really isn't needed.

The fact is, your one sentence summary doesn't make any sense. They are just making these games so we can enjoy a hobby, they are doing it to make money, period. The gaming industry as a whole encapsulates a lot of first world problems, like the livelyhood of everyone making and buying the games. When we spend money on something we have every right to complain about it, especially when so many games get released as half-assed ports and what not.

You should know that making a thread about this topic won't make people relax, but most likely cause the opposite.

See, being American I have that right. If you don't like it move to some third world country were all your rights are dictated by the local Warlord.

Nice, the OP opened his virtual trap to try and make people listen to him and cower in awe of superior reasoning, and it had the exact opposite effect. God bless the internet.

There is so much pre-hate, hate, and post-hate for every single game these companies spends millions of dollars to create for you as a FUCKING HOBBY. People are practicly saying, "FML it doesn't have this feature." I wrote a several paragraph argument as to why people need to just relax. There is real pain in the world. Figured no one cared about an essay so I tried to sum it up in one sentence.

Please relax.

I don't see what the problem is, if the criticism is reasonable and logical, then what wrong with that?

Yes gaming is one of my hobbies, but if i pay for a game or if a see a title and i look at it and wish it had more of some something or i wish it didn't have a few things, i don't see how that's a problem. They're working for the paper that's in our wallets, so what is wrong with the end user pointing out issues and wanting them fixed?

It feels as though you're making the assumption that since it's a hobby we have to agree with everything they do and not complain about things we do or don't want in the game.

I don't think you understand what a 'right' is. Oh and the word is 'where'. For the record I'm currently in a 4th world country.

I'm pretty sure I have the right to freedom of expression and speech as long as it doesn't impose on others. Now if you want to call it whining, well that is your own problem.

I'm pretty sure I have the right to freedom of expression and speech as long as it doesn't impose on others. Now if you want to call it whining, well that is your own problem.

i don't think anyone wants to take away your right to complain. like you said, it is your right.

but I think the OP has a point. People shit all over games before the game has even been played. They practically go on a crusade to boycott a game before even giving it a chance.

"Please relax" I think it's a good a suggestion.

They practically go on a crusade to boycott a game before even giving it a chance.

"Please relax" I think it's a good a suggestion.

Well then let them boycott, who cares, its not like its stopping others from buying the game based on some no name review from a gaming forum.

See, being American I have that right. If you don't like it move to some third world country were all your rights are dictated by the local Warlord.

ROFL, why is it always the "if you don't like it then move somewhere else" reply?

ROFL, why is it always the "if you don't like it then move somewhere else" reply?

I'm going to use that line next time someone complains about Obama ruining America :D

back on topic:

I don't really care either way, people will bitch or whine, but i do think some of us on this forum whine a little too much :p

Yeah, it's a mess. Even if I had to skill to make great games, I don't think I would do it. If I did, I would live in a pod with no internet. Gamers by and large are like a nest of sweaty obese baby birds waiting for someone to vomit out their favorite flavor of whatever morsel. Most of it comes from the huge sense of entitlement people have, but that's also a society problem. Heck, if you were to go to moddb or something and look in the comments of all the major mods there are people asking for cracks or to have their ultra-specific demands met. It's ridiculous.

there should be a sub-forum for all the pc gaming hate, bitching, whining, boycotting, voting with your wallet, origin sucks, battlelog sucks, mw3 will sell millions, d3 drm is atrocious, etc. etc..etc..

there should be a sub-forum for all the pc gaming hate, bitching, whining, boycotting, voting with your wallet, origin sucks, battlelog sucks, mw3 will sell millions, d3 drm is atrocious, etc. etc..etc..

I'm seeing a trend here. Could at be that the consumers are on to something? Maybe tired of the Bullshit? Remember when you purchased a game, took it home loaded it up on your computer and played it, without having to jump through hoops? Yeah , I miss those days.

So let me get this straight, if I buy a game I don't have a right to expect something that is unbroken or finished, and when there is something wrong and I complain about it then I'm a whiner? Seems to me if other industries consistently released faulty products the government would step in. Why the immunity? I might be a whiner but, if they keep charging a premium price for these games, I'm going to call them on it when I get an inferior product!

The trouble here, is what you see as hate, some see as passion.

That's the same "benevolent" response that Blizzard reps give when confronted with the issue of whiny forum users. "They're just passionate about our game!"

I bet most of here wouldn't think twice about saying that the WoW forums are full of whiny bitches. :D

For the last time in this thread no one is saying you can't complain. Obsessive levels of HATE about something is what is getting old.

It's the level of mediocrity in games that's getting old. Someone used the inevitable "then don't buy them" line,tell it to the console players. Since console games account for the vast majority of sales,they must be the ones buying up all those horrid assembly line games. All we PC gamers get is a tiny section of shelves surrounded by hundreds of console games. And most of the games in that tiny section are horrid direct ports from console versions. There was a time when players had the balls to say no to the deluge of overpriced crap the console makers were shoveling out,and Atari and company paid the price for their greed. Today they just happily pay more and settle for less.

What some see as non issues, others see as large issues, or as stepping stones to large issues. Different strokes and all. For instance, I see always online DRM requirements in a game with a large SP component, or lack of mod tools, and dedicated server files I can download in a primarily MP game, (non mmo of course), to be utterly unacceptable. Others could give two shits about those two issues, but might complain loudly over a graphical glitch that I either do not experience, do not notice, or do not really care about.

Anything else I view as a threat to the way I want to play the games I pay for is going to raise my ire, and of course I am going to speak out on it.

There is so much pre-hate, hate, and post-hate for every single game these companies spends millions of dollars to create for you as a FUCKING multimillion dollar business. People are practicly saying, "FML it doesn't have this feature." I wrote a several paragraph argument as to why people need to just relax. There is real pain in the world. Figured no one cared about an essay so I tried to sum it up in one sentence.

Please relax.

Fixed that for you bro.

Almost the rudest thing you can do on a forum. You could simply state your own opinion instead you quote and edit people's text. Then call me 'bro'. Go back to 4chan.

u mad bro?

I'm not the one making obscenity laced threads telling other people what to do.

Some of you seem to want a forum where every potentially constructive conversation gets turned into a massive flamewar where everyone tries to one-up and slam each other. That has never been what this forum is about, and if it doesn't stop soon you're going to see a lot more people with banned titles. Come here to have fun and express your opinion in a constructive way, or don't bother coming at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back