eMachines Notebook- Thoughts

Thats the price at all best buys.

We are out of the $650 Compaq's, both eMachines, and both Sub $800 Toshibas in my entire district so YMMV big time. ;)

im actually fairly sure that emachines are sager rebadges, same with liebermanns, mtech's, clevos, europad or whoever they are, the whole chebang.

i think the model you're talking about is the 4080, im not sure what emachines has done iwth it (sager doesnt sell it with celerons, ick), but it's all desktop parts for the most part, so they could have swapped out most whatever they wanted.

id check out www.pctorque.com if you really want the real deal on those kind of laptops...

the new 8790 coming on jan 26th is gonna be badass ;) check it out.

If you are going to go with either of them have you buddie spend the extra money for the Service plan from best buy so when it dies or something happens they will fix it for free for 4 years .. trust me it is worth it in the long run

any rebates? i thinkim oign to best buy tommorow, applying for a best buy card if i can get one then ill buy one

Originally posted by jarhead
im actually fairly sure that emachines are sager rebadges, same with liebermanns, mtech's, clevos, europad or whoever they are, the whole chebang.

Clevo is the manufactuer....Everyone rebadges them or has Clevo produce them...

Best Buy card rocks. I got the Acer 800LCi 10 months ago and I am still paying it off. Had the money to buy it all at once but figured why not take advantage of dragging it out. I actually made money on ATI stock in the meantime.

Buying notebooks for women sucks. They always complain about the weight. Cheaper notebooks weigh a lot and are probably too heavy for the average girl to carry around.

Try asking her to pick up a 12 pack of beer for you if she comes back and tells you its in the car for you to bring in then your screwed. You will need to get her one of those tiny sony or fujitsu notebooks.

Originally posted by Flipside
Clevo is the manufactuer....Everyone rebadges them or has Clevo produce them...

I believe they are Arima rebadges.

Originally posted by Eric1285
I believe they are Arima rebadges.

No, I'm pretty sure that Clevo is the end of the line, and Arima is one of the rebadgers. We went through the whole list a long time ago...

Back