Eizo EV2450

bleets

n00b
Anybody had any experience with this screen?
From what I've read it uses a very similar panel to the Dell U2414H...which sort of worries me.
Those thing bezel panels seem to suffer with darkness in the corners and bottom like this picture here of a U2415.

Also the stand is a bit...odd, i tend to swivel and tilt my current screen a lot (U2311H) which is easy to do but that looks like it'd be awkward although if worst comes to the worst I have an Ergotron Neo Flex monitor stand lying around unused...

So far I've gone through 2xU2415 (dark corners and bottom and cooler right side, warm middle/left), a U2414H (where it reset to limited range every time i turned the screen off) and a P2414H (which randomly turned itself off and had absolutely awful contrast shift at small angles).

So really looking for a monitor that just isnt bad..,,.but I've never used Eizo so I'm not sure. Other IPS screens are out of the question...iiyama can't seem to make a good LCD display, viewsonic...i've never had any luck with, Asus P series use PWM backlighting so I don't have much choice...usually I'd default to Dell but their quality is very much lacking these days.

I have not used the model you are referring to, but I can tell you about the quality of Eizo monitors. As a 3D professional artist, I MUST have a "professional" grade color monitor, which typically costs at least 2X what others do for the same size.

Having said that, Eizo is one of the few companies out there that truly makes monitors like that and targets people like myself. They are REALLY nice from the CG series I have used prior. Also, check the model series because many are more aimed to the graphics and video professional compared to being a "gamer" monitor.

I would also highly recommend NEC MultiSync UXi monitors too.

Good luck

Well...
I actually got the EV2450 and...
Well it's a mixed bag.

http://i.imgur.com/E0aTtOu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5LsK4mA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LhreBFo.jpg

Best I could get of backlight bleed because my SLR decided to pack up :(
There's darker corners but I cant say excessively so and bottom right corner is slightly cooler but not excessively so.

What I have noticed however is this screen exhibits the same displayport issue as the Dell U2414H.
Nvidia control panel defaults to an HD resolution (NOT a PC resolution) and limited range although it doesnt look like the monitor actually displays limited range like the U2414H does.

On displayport it also annoyingly has the windows disconnection sound every time you turn it off which I never had with the U2311H, U2415, P2414H or U2713H. It did happen with the U2414H so yes the same odd displayport behaviour.

Buuuuuuuuuut this has DVI which has none of those issues and I have no issue using DVI. :)

So the only real sticking point is the possibly excessive top and bottom backlight bleed but I'll have to play some Elite to decide on that.

Oh I forgot to add, the stand isnt really too bad in use and the picture quality (in terms of colour reproduction and sharpness) are superb.

Right well.
I'm not so sure now.
Since when I was messigna round last night I was a wee bit tired I did not notice the reason the monitor wasnt changing how it looked when switching between limited and full range.
That's because of the "Range Extension" option in the menu (signal section) being set to auto. Auto was basically the same as off, it didnt detect when the GPU was set to Full Range and stayed at limited range. Switching Range Extension to On enabled Full Range colours.

Oddly, when looking through the Eizo manual and for reasons I cannot for the life of me understand...
DVI is permanently fixed to Range Extension Off so it will only display limited range when using DVI which...well boggles the mind really.

Aside from that there's a hidden administrator menu where you can turn off the eizo logo on power on, stop it cycling through every single input when it loses connection to one so that it only tries to connect to the input specified (like the new range of Dells) and also managed to stop the hardware disconnection sounds whenever the monitor is turned off or on by enabling displayport HPD (hot plug detect) in that menu too.

But yeah...odd displayport behaviour and even odder DVI behaviour...I don't know about this screen...

It's a similar model panel as the U2414H so maybe something related to the panel is causing the limited range oddities?

Yeah, the panel is a revision of the U2414H's LG panel.

Have you tried the fix "Nvidia RGB Full Range Toggle"?

Here https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-u2414h/ you find the guide, under "Calibration - Correcting the colour signal".

It works only for HDMI and DVI. For DisplayPort you can create a custom resolution with a 59.999Hz refresh rate.

Last edited:
Back