Effects of Vibrations on LCD's

joecrouton

Limp Gawd
Is there any effect of vibrations on lcds? IE from heavy bass, others apartments heavy bass, etc. ? any effect?

I'd have to say, as long as its not so powerful that the LCD vibrates so much that it falls over or off a table and gets smashed, it should be ok.

Shouldn't be a problem...the only problem you should be worried about it if the nails in the walls are going to rattle out and cause the wall to fall on your desk, smashing your LCD :D

As long as that heavy bass is supplied by Bootsy Collins or Les Claypool, you're all good. :)

ok so no worries i guess...it is annoying as hell that the person below plays friggin heavy metal with bass maxed on a decent system almost 24hrs/day...might have to go rough them up...

joecrouton said:
ok so no worries i guess...it is annoying as hell that the person below plays friggin heavy metal with bass maxed on a decent system almost 24hrs/day...might have to go rough them up...
What? Metal's not supposed to have cranked bass! What a re-re! He must be listening to rap-metal... Damn Fred Durst...

GilmourD said:
What? Metal's not supposed to have cranked bass! What a re-re! He must be listening to rap-metal... Damn Fred Durst...

rap-metal? how? who? what? AHHHH! :eek:

please kill me now, I think my brain broke. :p

I know where he lives! Well, at least one of the places he lives; I work in the mortgage industry and have seen his (and other celebrities) mortgage application. ;)

I think excessive vibration would cause most any mechanical or electrical device to fail sooner rather than later, but then again, I don't think bassy music would do it. I'm thinking more like a jackhammer in the next room or something.

well this dude is packing some serious bass pumpage in his room. Think of the subwoofers on an imax theater...

So tell him theres a problem with that much bass. You're just going to sit there and take it? Be polite, let him know its nothing personal.

Back