EEE PC 1000HE flashing lights question

VolvoR

Gawd
Hi...

Does anyone else here have the 1000HE? Is there a way to disable the flashing blue lights on the damn thing? They're driving me NUTS.

I'm referring to the battery/hdd/wifi lights.

Thanks

i really can't understand how these lights are driving you 'nuts' .. . .

they are innocent, lifeless, un-self-conscious little entities who cannot distinguish
you from pile of lint. better if you leave them alone and stop staring at them.

I have the computer by my bed (it's also an amazing book reader)...and the flashing light brightens up the room....

I cover lights that are too bright with electrical tape. usually tape the same color as the rest of the unit so it doesn't stand out

You can use a sharpie or a black paint pen to cover them up and make them dimmer. That is what I do for most of my bright-as-hell LEDs. This way you can still sort of see the lights if you need to see if the HDD is spinning or something.

You can use a sharpie or a black paint pen to cover them up and make them dimmer. That is what I do for most of my bright-as-hell LEDs. This way you can still sort of see the lights if you need to see if the HDD is spinning or something.

This looks like the winning solution...I'll do that later today!
Thanks...

This looks like the winning solution...I'll do that later today!
Thanks...

If you have some of those Crayola markers laying around, you can try those to see if you like the look (clean off real easy with a bit of alcohol or even baby wipe), then go to the Sharpie.

Back